Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Things starting to look good at the moment. For once we have made our signings early and not the last minute scramble that has seemed to plague us before. Should give the players time to bond and get to know each other.

Phoned the club yesterday , thanked them for the offer of the season ticket money and told them it was a donation.  Hope others follow suit and it may go towards another player. 

Onward and Upwards.

The business being done early thing is interesting and is reflected across the Divisions.

The vast majority of players are nowadays contracted to mid June so in effect are still players of their Club till then and cannot be registered with the SFA  by another Club until that contract expires.

Stenny got caught by that with the infamous Harvest Swann debacle but I’m sure they are confident that they won’t repeat that mistake.

53 minutes ago, Moonglum25 said:

Things starting to look good at the moment. For once we have made our signings early and not the last minute scramble that has seemed to plague us before. Should give the players time to bond and get to know each other.

Phoned the club yesterday , thanked them for the offer of the season ticket money and told them it was a donation.  Hope others follow suit and it may go towards another player. 

Onward and Upwards.

I think Vimto touched on this earlier but people seem to be under the impression they need to contact the club to tell them to keep the season ticket money. We are not going to be automatically refunded so unless you want to receive a refund there is no need to actually contact the club to tell them to keep the money.

thomson.thumb.png.08231240dc8c06fa05efd13b3ee06c3e.png

The club have announced the new kits for the season and I have to say: I like it.

It's bold, the pattern is wonderfully abstract and it's got a nice cut. It also looks like we've launched it in association with Stonewaller, which is pretty cool. 

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

37 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

The club have announced the new kits for the season and I have to say: I like it.

It's bold, the pattern is wonderfully abstract and it's got a nice cut. It also looks like we've launched it in association with Stonewaller, which is pretty cool. 

ICONIC

5 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

You also appear to have got Berbathom to model it for the launch. 😍 Really disappointed that the Sons weren’t in a position to offer him a deal when he was free.

Looks like Lothian buses seats

9 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
19 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Looks like Lothian buses seats

Tbf Stenny waited for one BSC player and three came along at once...

I am never going to doubt Midnight Express ever again. Callum Tapping has left the club and moves on to Edinburgh City.

That's a disappointment. I thought he was largely good last season and would have been an asset this year. I would have had him ahead of Ross Forbes and Nat Wedderburn, that's for sure.

I hope his wage will be reinvested in a quality replacement. I'm not convinced by our options in central midfield (although I appreciate we have yet to see them play).

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

Here's the updated squad list to reflect Callum Tapping's defection to Edinburgh City. Suddenly it looks like we've a bit of work to do to bring the team up to scratch for the year ahead!

GOALKEEPERS

• Ryan Marshall (signed from BSC Glasgow)
  • Graeme Smith

DEFENDERS

• BJ Coll (signed from Forfar Athletic)
  • Adam Corbett
  • Sean Crighton (signed from Airdrieonians
  • Ross Lyon (signed from BSC Glasgow)
  • Jamie Mills (signed from BSC Glasgow)
  • Jordan Tapping (signed from East Stirlingshire)

MIDFIELDERS

• Michael Anderson (signed from BSC Glasgow)
  • Adam Brown (signed from Alloa Athletic)
  • Ross Forbes (signed from Dumbarton)
  • Declan Hughes (signed from BSC Glasgow)
  • Nat Wedderburn (signed from Dumbarton)

FORWARDS

• Cammy Graham
  • David Hopkirk
  • Thomas Orr (signed from Stranraer)
  • Robert Thomson (signed from Alloa Athletic)

OUT ON LOAN

• Josh Grigor (Syngenta)

Wonder what the clause was? Obviously not offer from team in higher league or full time club. Surely not higher wage or warriors failure to appear in play offs or change of manager? I’d be curious to know. Sorry to lose him. Signing his brother and passage of time from midnight empress’s rumour was raising hopes that it wasn’t true.

Makes me wonder what the point of a contract is but maybe we have to include clauses or we couldn’t sign certain players.

If we do have to let him go a few bob would have been good. FF mentions investing his wage - I hope our current signing weren’t made factoring in tapping’s wage and we can still use it.

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I am never going to doubt Midnight Express ever again. Callum Tapping has left the club and moves on to Edinburgh City.

That's a disappointment. I thought he was largely good last season and would have been an asset this year. I would have had him ahead of Ross Forbes and Nat Wedderburn, that's for sure.

I hope his wage will be reinvested in a quality replacement. I'm not convinced by our options in central midfield (although I appreciate we have yet to see them play).

Quite surprised he left with his brother coming and to a team in the same division

Wonder what the clause was? Obviously not offer from team in higher league or full time club. Surely not higher wage or warriors failure to appear in play offs or change of manager? I’d be curious to know. Sorry to lose him. Signing his brother and passage of time from midnight empress’s rumour was raising hopes that it wasn’t true.
Makes me wonder what the point of a contract is but maybe we have to include clauses or we couldn’t sign certain players.
If we do have to let him go a few bob would have been good. FF mentions investing his wage - I hope our current signing weren’t made factoring in tapping’s wage and we can still use it.
It's a good point r:e the clause. We have just strengthened one of our rivals for league/playoffs with what would appear no financial compo.

Given it seems to have been common knowledge he was leaving, I am assuming we have spent his salary on the recent additions. A midfield of Forbes and Wedderburn bothers me as neither are particularly mobile. As FF said a while back, how does that midfield duo align with Swift’s stated policy of an energetic, pressing team. And then there’s Crichton...

Still optimistic that we will get the right blend of players making the step up and those with league experience but losing Tapping is a concern.

In fairness there is more chance of me and Vimto being paired as a midfield two than Wedderburn and Forbes.

Best of luck to Tappy at Edinburgh. A fantastic player on his day but regressed as the season went on indeed I can't remember a decent game from him after the restart. Him and Brown will be a good wee partnership for Edinburgh though I would imagine.