Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

10 minutes ago, Saturday Night Slider said:

You seen him in the last 3 year ? 

I have 3/4 times no more than that. I try to get around as many non league games as possible, so I may be misjudging him.

9 minutes ago, Christophe said:

This past few years we have brought in several players that were lower league "names" or consensus was were good enough, and they have badly underperformed. I'm more than ready to try something different. 

I agree with what you are saying but why do you think they perform so badly with us?  We look on paper to have a good team then nothing. It is very disappointing and frustrating. 

Paddy Flannery was one of these an almost goal every 2 games record for Dumbarton and then comes to us, looking forward to see him scoring on a regular basis and we got nil from him.  Keith Wright was another.

It is at the humorous stage now with these BSC boys.

I can see all sides of the argument, it does seem like SS has tunnel vision though, as in has he even drawn up a list of targets for positions of players available and these guys are the best? Doesn't appear so. Just a these boys have done well for me so in ye come, which on the flip side can also work.

My worry with the LL is that if you have an ok squad you are virtually guaranteed to finish top 6/8. You then just have to do well out of those to get good finishes and in fairness he has done that.

My gut is as it stands we will be very hard working but maybe not enough to mount serious issues to the better teams. Plenty signings to come though.

Thomas Orr to be announced at 8pm. Ex bsc.

Our squad so far for the 2021/22 season:

GOALKEEPERS
Graeme Smith

DEFENDERS
Adam Corbett
Ross Lyon (signed from BSC Glasgow)
Jamie Mills (signed from BSC Glasgow)

MIDFIELDERS
Michael Anderson (signed from BSC Glasgow)
Adam Brown (signed from Alloa Athletic)
Declan Hughes (signed from BSC Glasgow)
Callum Tapping

FORWARDS
David Hopkirk
Thomas Orr (signed from Stranraer)
Robert Thomson (signed from Alloa Athletic)

We've signed our sixth player of the window - Stephen Swift has used his extensive contacts to bring in Jamie Mills, a left-back from BSC Glasgow.

As I said in a previous post, for your sake, I hope he has improved since his days at Forthbank.

The tears so far from Fabregas et al are an absolute embarrasment to be honest.

Trust the process. We have signed the third top scorer in our league from last season (and for me personally the best I seen) to be coupled with a guy who will tear this league up in RT.

We still have Callum Tapping who up until the restart was arguably the best in his position in the league.

So far we have added a bunch of hungry young lions from BSC Glasgow. Nothing more, nothing less at this stage. I don't know much about most of them (nor do our internet hard men) but Declan Hughes in particular has been regarded as one of the best midfielders in the Lowland League for the last couple of years.

We have just come off a campaign watching a bunch of charlatans. Let's give a chance to those coming in to prove themselves before judgement. 

We still have a lot of players to sign and I'm more than confident Swift will add quality to what we have.

The Swift Era is upon us. Believe guys.

Trust the process. We have signed the third top scorer in our league from last season (and for me personally the best I seen) to be coupled with a guy who will tear this league up in RT.
We still have Callum Tapping who up until the restart was arguably the best in his position in the league.
So far we have added a bunch of hungry young lions from BSC Glasgow. Nothing more, nothing less at this stage. I don't know much about most of them (nor do our internet hard men) but Declan Hughes in particular has been regarded as one of the best midfielders in the Lowland League for the last couple of years.
We have just come off a campaign watching a bunch of charlatans. Let's give a chance to those coming in to prove themselves before judgement. 
We still have a lot of players to sign and I'm more than confident Swift will add quality to what we have.
Man just back from a 10 hour sesh found

As I said in a previous post, for your sake, I hope he has improved since his days at Forthbank.
Why would you hope a rival teams signing has improved. Surely you want him to be as bad as he was when with Stirling A?

As always will take most opposition fans opinions on ex signings with a pinch of salt.

Seeing a lot of concern with Swifty’s additions here. Hey, it could be worse guys. You could have had your squad torn apart after losing the best gaffer in the league...[emoji51]
Is there any ill feeling regarding this from BSC's side? Did they anticipate Swift doing this?

He seemed to have a great affection for the club which some may have thought that he might not have decimated it too much.

13 hours ago, Neilly said:

Although I've been generally cautious over the past couple of weeks, I'm excited about Tam Orr and I'm keen to see what he can do. He looked very handy on the two occasions I saw him playing for Stranraer and I hope he can reprise last season's form at Stenhousemuir.

I imagine we'll hear back shortly whether or not Cammy Graham, Josh Grigor, Paul Brown and Callum Erskine have signed on for the year ahead. That would take us to a squad of 14, and we'll probably have another six or seven coming in on top of that.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

Guest Midnight Express
2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Although I've been generally cautious over the past couple of weeks, I'm excited about Tam Orr and I'm keen to see what he can do. He looked very handy on the two occasions I saw him playing for Stranraer and I hope he can reprise last season's form at Stenhousemuir.

I imagine we'll hear back shortly whether or not Cammy Graham, Josh Grigor, Paul Brown and Callum Erskine have signed on for the year ahead. That would take us to a squad of 14, and we'll probably have another six or seven coming in on top of that.

I would imagine a few of the youngsters will be farmed out to Sygenta? 

Makes sense to get them some game time rather than sitting on the bench or in the stand, SS has signed a fair few experienced players who I would assume start before the youngsters. 

Guest Midnight Express
15 hours ago, Neilly said:

Well said 👍

Be very surprised if Tapping isn't away though!