Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Have not seen footage of the game but watched Brian Reid’s after match interview and he makes no mention of the incident. You would have thought that he would have said something especially as it was directed at AR supporters

You get the impression that this will rumble on for a while with he said, she said allegations. Surely someone nearby must have heard something.

This could easily go the way the Fotheringham/Nade episode went a few years ago.

I never said otherwise.
It’s the overall tone of the way he’s putting it across that doesn’t sit well, almost trying to belittle the accusations.
Overall tone.

Giving a balanced view is now classed as an undesirable tone. Deary me.

3 minutes ago, gaswork said:

The woke crowd and clubs now jumping on this harassing a guy over a comment made in a highly charged game , way ott reaction to this.
Rovers player obviously has issues where he is best away from football no matter what is said to him.

177E1907-92E3-4A08-8D86-3A3BC6F1F79E.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Moonglum25 said:

Have not seen footage of the game but watched Brian Reid’s after match interview and he makes no mention of the incident. You would have thought that he would have said something especially as it was directed at AR supporters

Reid has been about for a while so he probably knows it is best to stay quiet on the matter until they've had time to digest the situation. In terms of Tiffoney being given time away it is the right thing to do for all parties involved. His side of the story in the paper doesn't do him any favours. A simple I refute the claims and will cooperate with the enquiry would have been the right thing for him to do, on the presumption he's innocent. If guilty taking his medicine and apologising now would be the thing to do. 

Having watched him at Ayr, and others have mentioned on here as well, there was always something deeply unlikeable about him. Whether it was constantly going down holding his ankle appealing to the ref any time he lost the ball or the fact he tried to sue the club (and failed) I don't know. I would sincerely hope that Cox gets the support he needs as mental health isn't something to be messed around with. Walking out at half time is obviously his coping mechanism kicking in. 

Edited by Hawk89

Guest SJP79
3 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

Overall tone.

We are in the era of trial by social media

11 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

Overall tone.

How exactly is calling Cox an “animal” giving a balanced view?

As I said, you’re trying to belittle the accusations and hiding behind the “am just playing Devil’s advocate” defence.

Overall tone.

I'm not sure you're being balanced though as you're coming across as someone who obviously dislikes Cox. It's ok putting in a wee 'but that shouldn't excuse what's been said' but that's after you've slated the guy.

For the record, any time I watched Cox I thought he was a bit of a hothead on the park but I'm not sure what that has to do with the incident here.

It's maybe genuinely unintentional on your part but it's coming across as though if it was any other player that had accused Tiffoney you wouldn't be so defensive.

A decent post but I do not accept he is just an "aggressive" player.

I have seen him throw a player into a concrete wall for example that could have resulted in a serious injury.

He has openly said in a podcast he has used the football pitch as a way to let his anger out, am sorry that doesn't wash with me, it shouldn't be a platform to potentially seriously hurt someone due to mental health issues.

He's clearly a troubled guy and hopefully he finds solace away from the game ( if indeed he does stay away)

Also not really a hard luck story. Cox has been in the papers twice since Tiffoneys charge with assaulting his ex, no turning up to court & biting a mans ear off. He's certainly no angel that's for sure.

People get tunnel vision with sex offences though & I understand it but I am very uncomfy with the all for David Cox, tiffoney witch hunt I am seeing online.

We shall see. I wish he would as he is an animal but he shouldn't need to due to this scenario & I suspect he will turn up somewhere.

An opinion I have always held of him since I first encountered him playing against my team. He is a dangerous player & person. That has nothing to do with what's happened though.

I do dislike Cox as a player & certainly doesn't seem a nice guy outside football either. No different to everyone's view that tiffoney is a "horrible guy" stated many times on this thread. I have also said he is a loathsome individual on this thread.

But because I have also gave my view on Cox the undeniable "victim" then that is wrong.

FWIW, I have never met or spoken to Tiffoney, but based on his behaviour on the field of play, and how he portrays himself in post match interviews, he comes across as a complete and utter dick. I also don’t know Cox, but again based on what I have seen of him over the years, I have a similar opinion.

My suspicion is that Tiffoney did say something akin to what is alleged, and if so he should be kicked out the club. It takes a “special” sort of person to make those comments.

As for Cox, because of his mental health issues it doesnt make it alright for him to behave the way he does on, and off, the pitch. It isn’t an excuse. Cox was on the subs bench last night. How on earth did he get involved in this when he wasn’t even on the pitch? It doesn’t condone Tiffoney but Cox does seem to go out of his way to attract confrontation.

Let’s see what the outcome of the investigation says.

Anyway, this whole incident has topped off what has been all round awful season. Like everyone I just want it over.

42 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

Sorry lads/ladies, a change in subject then I'll bugger off. What happened to Andy Munro? Was checking team line-ups and noticed he was back at Forfar. End of his contract? 

Munro signed for Forfar for a fee in January and we then signed Corbett from Spartans to replace him, I'm assuming for around the same nominal fee.

1 minute ago, Loonytoons said:

Is that Tiffoney's heat map after the game?

Yes mate. Ran straight out in a shoplifting spree because he'd been verbally abused. That was the beginning of the fall of humanity. If only we'd known not to verbally abuse rehabilitated offenders, our society would never have collapsed. Don't make the same mistakes we did.

Capture.PNG.529571a2ef4b4728612efdc660571b2a.PNG

33 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

I do dislike Cox as a player & certainly doesn't seem a nice guy outside football either. No different to everyone's view that tiffoney is a "horrible guy" stated many times on this thread. I have also said he is a loathsome individual on this thread.

Well Cox never secretly filmed himself shagging a lassie and then showed loads of folk and consequently get put on the register, so I’d say it is different.

Why do you think he doesn’t seem a nice guy outside football? How many times have you met him? The only experience I have of him outside of football was that podcast interview he done with Danny Denholm and he seemed perfectly nice.

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

Tiff response

Tiff refuting the allegations. Makes a key point about the linesman who would surely have heard what has went on between both and could prove a key witness.

This one will rumble on for a while but it is only right that he gets a chance to put across his side and isn't just sacked on the spot without investigation as the masses have demanded on the back of one man's version of events. There was certainly no mention by Cox of him being booked for entering pitch that I can recall

The BBC's match report page doesn't show Cox as having received a yellow card but Sky shows him as being booked after 29 minutes.

Well Cox never secretly filmed himself shagging a lassie and then showed loads of folk and consequently get put on the register, so I’d say it is different.
Why do you think he doesn’t seem a nice guy outside football? How many times have you met him? The only experience I have of him outside of football was that podcast interview he done with Danny Denholm and he seemed perfectly nice.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/crime/cops-hunt-fugitive-football-starlet-4496749

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/north-east/peterhead/964658/footballer-claims-self-defence-biting-mans-ear-off-nightclub-brawl/

Well you asked

7 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:
8 minutes ago, Left Back said:
Was he convicted?

What does that matter. When you are alleged to have done suhin you are guilty obviously. That not the narrative?

No.  You claimed Cox wasn't a nice guy outside of football and should be viewed no different to Tiffoney.  This was disputed because Tiffoney has been convicted of a loathsome crime.  You used these articles as evidence to back up your claim.  If he has been convicted of these things then your assertion will hold some weight so was he convicted?

No.  You claimed Cox wasn't a nice guy outside of football and should be viewed no different to Tiffoney.  This was disputed because Tiffoney has been convicted of a loathsome crime.  You used these articles as evidence to back up your claim.  If he has been convicted of these things then your assertion will hold some weight so was he convicted?

You’re right. Innocent till proven guilty.

I’m sure even you will get the irony of this after last night’s events.