Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

How can you dismiss someone off the bat with no evidence? 

But agree with the sentiment if it's proven Tiffoney has done this then he will be rightfully removed from the club. Can't be having that nonsense going on.

The club are tremendously well run with good people at the helm so you can be assured this will be dealt with seriously and conducted in the correct manner.

18 minutes ago, Neilly said:

How can you dismiss someone off the bat with no evidence? 

But agree with the sentiment if it's proven Tiffoney has done this then he will be rightfully removed from the club. Can't be having that nonsense going on.

The club are tremendously well run with good people at the helm so you can be assured this will be dealt with seriously and conducted in the correct manner.

The player has left the ground and announced his retirement from football.

Even the most dramatic attention-seeker would draw the line before that. Evidence or not.

8 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

The player has left the ground and announced his retirement from football.

Even the most dramatic attention-seeker would draw the line before that. Evidence or not.

The club will deal with it but surely you can understand it may take more than an hour to do that?

I'm sure there will be a statement up in the morning around five past Falkirk...I mean 9am.

3 minutes ago, Neilly said:

The club will deal with it but surely you can understand it may take more than an hour to do that?

I'm sure there will be a statement up in the morning around five past Falkirk...I mean 9am.

Classy.

What a dreadful evening at Ochilview tonight, on numerous levels. David Cox's video is certainly compelling and if Jonathan Tiffoney did say what he's been accused of, he should be sacked immediately. An appalling thing to say to someone. What an investigation looks like and how it takes place, I don't know but, as Neilly says, we have good people at the club and I fully trust them to do the right thing. I hope Cox is okay and I wish him well.

As for the match itself, Stenhousemuir were really poor and easily pushed around by Albion Rovers. Matty Aitken and Kyle Docherty gave our centre-backs a torrid time, so much so that both Adam Corbett and Chris Kane were subbed off, the former at the interval, the latter with five minutes to go. I don't think I've ever see that before; they really were wretched. With injuries and suspensions biting, Stephen Swift was forced into fielding a hodge-podge of a team but no-one impressed. The defence were all over the place (although none of then back four were fielded in their natural positions), the ball retention was bad and nothing stuck up top. 

This season has been awful but tonight it reached new reals of badness. A lot for the new manager to contemplate.

8 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Didn't say the club wouldn't deal with it.

We got shagged 5 -0 this evening but thats nothing compared to the shame of something like this from a "community" club.

1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

Didn't say the club wouldn't deal with it.

We got shagged 5 -0 this evening but thats nothing compared to the shame of something like this from a "community" club.

You're hurting and that's fine. Throwing shade here I completely understand considering the abomination that Falkirk FC currently are.

Only one individual should feel shame here if he knows he done it, hardly the fault of the club is it? How can a club control the actions of a human being in that circumstance?

4 minutes ago, Neilly said:

You're hurting and that's fine. Throwing shade here I completely understand considering the abomination that Falkirk FC currently are.

Only one individual should feel shame here if he knows he done it, hardly the fault of the club is it? How can a club control the actions of a human being in that circumstance?

We will see how they react.

22 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Jonathan Tiffoney being a horrible c**t will come as a surprise to nobody.

This and absolutely this.    Its embarrassing that he is the captain in the first place.  The guy is an absolute scumbag.  

19 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

If Tiffony has said what he's been accused of, there's only one person responsible. Him.

If Stenny investigate this and act appropriately then they've done what you'd expect from a decent "community" club.

Expect to see Tiffony at Clyde next season.

Edited by Gordon EF

3 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

If Tiffony has said what he's been accused of, there's only one person responsible. Him.

If Stenny investigate this and act appropriately then they've done what you'd expect from a decent "community" club.

Genuine hypothetical question - if Stenny do release him and he then signs for East Fife, and does something else Jonathan Tiffoneyish - would you still say the club had no responsibility and it was all on the player ?  I'd suggest clubs also have a responsibility as to what sort of people they employ. 

7 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Expect to see Tiffony at Clyde next season.

He was on loan at Clyde a few years ago.