Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

On 14/02/2021 at 08:41, Elric said:

I see that we have established an Analysis Dept and one of  those involved is a Neil Alexander.  Is this our ex keeper who went on to play for Livingston and Cardiff amongst others?

Nah. Neil Alexander is goalkeeping coach at Dundee United.

Alright guys, we had your chief executive Jamie Swinney on the latest episode of The Auchterarder Chippy, talking about the suspension of Leagues 1 and 2 as well as some of the really positive community work the club has been doing. Sounds like the Warriors are a club going places! 

Link to the episode below, or you can get us on Apple, Spotify etc. We are a weekly podcast focussing on lower league and non-OF football, and are official podcast partner of P&B.

• 4 weeks later...

Excitement clearly palpable for the return of the Closed Door League this weekend I note. Will it be 18 games? 22 games? 27 games? Just so exciting isn't it? Big Tam Muir clean through on goal as the camera follows a packet of Golden Wonder Salt n Vinegar on the half way line. 

Yeah. I'll be giving it a miss as well. Zero interest in how this shit show plays out. Promotion would be met with as much of a shrug of the shoulders as finishing 6th and playing the bottom four teams after a split. 

Look forward to proper games returning next season though at Ochilview.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

Excitement clearly palpable for the return of the Closed Door League this weekend I note. Will it be 18 games? 22 games? 27 games? Just so exciting isn't it? Big Tam Muir clean through on goal as the camera follows a packet of Golden Wonder Salt n Vinegar on the half way line. 

Yeah. I'll be giving it a miss as well. Zero interest in how this shit show plays out. Promotion would be met with as much of a shrug of the shoulders as finishing 6th and playing the bottom four teams after a split. 

Look forward to proper games returning next season though at Ochilview.

We have brought someone in to control the camera for home games so the camera not following the game shouldn't be as much of an issue as before.  

13 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Turns out we played East Fife in a friendly last night - and got well and truly smashed to pieces in the process!

We played 2 different squads either half. More of the first team regulars featured in the first half where we went in 2-1 down at the break. 

19 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:

We played 2 different squads either half. More of the first team regulars featured in the first half where we went in 2-1 down at the break. 

I understand Stenhousemuir were very good in the opening period and passed up some good chances before the yung team came on and capitulated.

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I understand Stenhousemuir were very good in the opening period and passed up some good chances before the yung team came on and capitulated.

Thought we were the better team in the first half playing a 3-1-4-2 before changing to a 4-4-2 in the second half, where the younger lads/ fringe players came on. 

The club have brought in someone called Alan Docherty on loan from Camelon Juniors. He's apparently a forward and was with the club as a teenager. He goes straight into contention for today's match with Edinburgh City.

It's not quite a Thomas Reilly or a Dylan Easton but it's another body all the same and he could prove to be useful during this hectic period.

43 minutes ago, razamanaz said:

Alan Docherty - tall centre forward and really good with the ball at his feet and great work ethic. Good luck to Alan. Will be interesting to see what the step up is like

Thank you for the positive report card. I can't see him immediately upsetting the McGuigan-Muir axis in attack but he'll no doubt get a shot at some point soon. The pair run themselves into the ground every game, Muir especially, so it won't be long till Docherty features.

From next Saturday (including that day) it’s 4 games in 8 days - ouch

how do we approach this? Chuck the cup - unlikely to beat killie?

do we pick 1 of the midweek games and play a B team and pick our best 11 in the other games?

or do we mix and match - 7 or 8 of our top players and 3 or 4 others each game

surely we can’t play top 11, 4 times in 8 days - will be wrecks after that

what we thinking here?

Edited by true fan

From next Saturday (including that day) it’s 4 games in 8 days - ouch
how do we approach this? Chuck the cup - unlikely to beat killie?
do we pick 1 of the midweek games and play a B team and pick our best 11 in the other games?
or do we mix and match - 7 or 8 of our top players and 3 or 4 others each game
surely we can’t play top 11, 4 times in 8 days - will be wrecks after that
what we thinking here?

It’s a farce is what we’re thinking. Still haven’t heard any rational explanation for the extra 4 games.

Guest The Phoenix
2 hours ago, beaver1 said:

It’s a farce is what we’re thinking. Still haven’t heard any rational explanation for the extra 4 games.

Dam(n) it Beaver, it's not rocket science... 

8 votes required to effect change from a 27 game programme

27 impossible

Insufficient support for Null & Void

Insufficient support for 18

Compromise required... outcome 22.