Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Guest The Phoenix
2 hours ago, Hard Graft said:

I know the gate money used to be split, do they split the takings for PPV?  

50/50 split after 20% deduction by Home Club. 

Our chairman has written up his end-of-year review and there are some interesting comments about the current streaming services. It looks as though we're inviting someone to control the camera manually, which should stop it from missing goals and hopefully lead to a more engaging experience going forward.

6 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Our chairman has written up his end-of-year review and there are some interesting comments about the current streaming services. It looks as though we're inviting someone to control the camera manually, which should stop it from missing goals and hopefully lead to a more engaging experience going forward.

We’re the Clubs that bought pixellot sold a pup ? Seems to be a lot of unhappy fans around the spfl from Clubs who use it.

1 minute ago, Brazilianlex said:

We’re the Clubs that bought pixellot sold a pup ? Seems to be a lot of unhappy fans around the spfl from Clubs who use it.

Jonathan Tiffoney scored a 35-yard screamer at the weekend and the camera somehow missed it! It was facing the opposite direction. It's also quite difficult to get invested in the game, the Pixellot camera is quite disembodied from the action on the pitch and it can be hard to identify who's doing what. I've been lucky enough to attend the games in person but I reckon some of our fans won't have a clue who the likes of Josh Grigor or Paul Brown are, for instance.

That would be good news for Stenny fans and for the clubs budget. I decided against paying for the stream for today’s game, normally would but the one earlier in the season was so bad that it was simply a hugely frustrating experience.

3 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Thomas Collins has indeed signed on loan from East Fife. I hope he can offer us something different but it is a signing that doesn't make any sense to me - unless we're intent on shipping out a forward!

Talking with someone from BSC, they said he's more of a wide player, which we've been lacking without Hopkirk. 

1 minute ago, CEMSFC said:

Talking with someone from BSC, they said he's more of a wide player, which we've been lacking without Hopkirk. 

Even so, how on earth are we going to accommodate so many forwards into the team?

Sadly, I think this could spell the end of Mark McGuigan's time at the club. I certainly hope not, I absolutely love him.