Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

50 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

How was Callum Moore for you lads? Looks like he'll need to make the step-up this season for obvious reasons.

Callum Moore was one of the few positives of a thoroughly mediocre season but, even then, he didn't particularly stand out or deliver an earth-shattering performance during his short spell at the club. We played him on the right-hand side of midfield, a position I don't necessarily played to his strengths, but his fitness and his tenacity saw him do well enough. He's a tidy passer of the ball and he's prepared to get stuck in but I think he'll need a bit more about him to make a go of it in the Championship.

3 hours ago, paddycreggshinpad said:

How was marky munro is he any good and will he need another loan or is he ready to be a backup for saints

Not fantastic, to be honest. Marky Munro played a handful of games over the first third of the season before succumbing to injury. He's quite a versatile player and can operate at full-back, the middle of the park and the right-hand side of midfield, and he can put himself about a bit, but I didn't really see anything from him to suggest he'll make it in SPFL, let alone St Johnstone (although I'm happy to be proven wrong).

23 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Not fantastic, to be honest. Marky Munro played a handful of games over the first third of the season before succumbing to injury. He's quite a versatile player and can operate at full-back, the middle of the park and the right-hand side of midfield, and he can put himself about a bit, but I didn't really see anything from him to suggest he'll make it in SPFL, let alone St Johnstone (although I'm happy to be proven wrong).

Agree with this although to be fair he did miss most of the season. Always felt he didn't have the composure on the ball you might expect of someone training with a FT club. Certainly don't see him stepping up to the premier league in the near future. Thought the guy from Dundee was a much better prospect (I can't remember his name - it has been a while).

14 hours ago, beaver1 said:

Agree with this although to be fair he did miss most of the season. Always felt he didn't have the composure on the ball you might expect of someone training with a FT club. Certainly don't see him stepping up to the premier league in the near future. Thought the guy from Dundee was a much better prospect (I can't remember his name - it has been a while).

Callum Moore was the Dundee boy and he did look a better prospect.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, beaver1 said:

I see Conor McBrearty has signed for BSC Glasgow. 

I'm not sure what kind of footballer Conor McBrearty actually is - he's fit as a fiddle and he'll bomb around the park all day long, but is he any good? He's too chaotic to be a central defender and he's not good enough on the ball to be a central midfielder. His second loan spell was pretty inconsequential and I don't think he added much to the team but who could forget those two goals against Falkirk? A living legend!

13 hours ago, Vimto90 said:

Harsh to even bring up last season's "spell" barely got a look in under DI for what seemed no apparent reason. Would have took him for this seasons squad for sure.

Judging by the manager's comments on the website, I think Chris Kane has been earmarked for that destructive midfield role going forward.

Callum Tapping has joined the club from Forfar Athletic.

This could be an interesting piece of business - there's no doubt Tapping is a tremendous footballer but he's had some terrible luck with injuries. I reckon every supporter will have said this whenever he signs for their club.

I hope he does well.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

This could be an interesting piece of business - there's no doubt Tapping is a tremendous footballer but he's had some terrible luck with injuries. I reckon every supporter will have said this whenever he signs for their club.

I hope he does well.

Tapps had an indifferent season with us at Station Park, his pre season promise didn’t quite materialise. You’ll hear positivity and some negativity about him but I liked him as a player. Quick, skilled, aggressive (though this does result in cards) but not dirty. Conversed with two or three times and a really nice lad with a big personality. He’ll be a good signing for you guys. All the best to him and Stenny.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I hope he does well.

Tapping seems to have had an injury free year at Forfar which bodes well. Should be a very handy player at this level.

We are quietly going about our business pretty well. Realistically challenging for the league would be a stretch due to the quality QP have and are going to bring in but outwith that there is nothing to fear.

I hope he does well.

Would have liked to see him stay at Station Park!
A bit hit and miss but a handy player to have on the books.
Decent strike on him, gets stuck in but can be sloppy at times.
Disliked by most of the fans.
Was surprised to see him linked with a move to the championship a few weeks, but league two seems about right for the lad.

Guest bernardblack
I hope he does well.

It’s a great signing for Stenny imo.

I’m disappointed he’s left us. He tried to get the ball down and play football, which was rare for us last season.

All the best to him

Would have liked to see him stay at Station Park!
A bit hit and miss but a handy player to have on the books.
Decent strike on him, gets stuck in but can be sloppy at times.
Disliked by most of the fans.
Was surprised to see him linked with a move to the championship a few weeks, but league two seems about right for the lad.

Wouldn’t have said he was disliked by most fans

Decent player but once he was booked it was like having a man down sometimes because he couldn’t be as effective in breaking down opposition attacks