Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

It's almost a relief to be a shambles again. Things looked far too rosey off the park.

A bit awkward for everyone. Given ther's already been a video of him saying how delighted he is to join it'd be a bit of a riddie walking back into a Cowden dressing room. Stumping up whatever is fair seems like the only sensible option to avoid awkwardness to a variety of people.

This is awkward. Issue is, none of the club's at this level will be prepared to pay a fee so will go elsewhere for players. Cowden end up with a player on the books they don't want and can't "sell".

10 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

This is awkward. Issue is, none of the club's at this level will be prepared to pay a fee so will go elsewhere for players. Cowden end up with a player on the books they don't want and can't "sell".

I don’t think stenny can walk away from this Scot free

they made an illegal approach then paraded Swann at their open day while he was still a signed cowden player 

your chairman is keen to say how much money you have this season

cowden wont get any money if they pull out but I think stenny could be in for a fine 

Stenhousemuir sign 18-year-old full back Marky Munro on a season-long from St Johnstone.

Believe he was part of the Forth Valley/Falkirk academy prior to arriving at McDiarmid, so suspect he's a player known to some of the staff at Ochilview.

Good arrangement for the player this as it'll enable him to be a full part of the Warriors pre-season preparations you'd imagine, giving him a chance to make an early impression on Colin McMenamin.

33 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I going to assume he's a left full-back and he's joined the club in place of Harvey Swan.

I think he can play anywhere across the back and potentially in midfield too. 

3 hours ago, Moonglum25 said:

Found this picture on Facebook. Jim Black and Jimmy Richardson challenging for ball.  look at the crowd

Warriors.jpg

That was the Scottish Cup First Round in 1969, crowd reported as 3000, Airdrie won 3-0. Airdrie were a decent team then, finishing seventh in the top division that season.

The photograph is on page 60 of the Warriors' centenary book.

Statement on Swann, what an utter balls up. 

Where does the boy go from here though? If no club are willing to pay a “development fee” to Cowdenbeath is he effectively priced out of football until he’s 24? Or forced to remain at a club he doesn’t want to be at, and isn’t contracted to? 

Seems like a ridiculous flaw in the compensation system.

356C8884-702F-4CC1-A538-15837A59D1C2.jpeg

Edited by Christophe

"The club received a request from Cowdembeath for a compensation fee"

Funny that eh?

An absolute shambles on all levels. Better be some decent signings coming in to make up for this monstrosity.

8 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Where does the boy go from here though? If no club are willing to pay a “development fee” to Cowdenbeath is he effectively priced out of football until he’s 24? Or forced to remain at a club he doesn’t want to be at, and isn’t contracted to? 

Seems  like someones not up to date on the rules regarding development fees. It was mentioned by a few Cowden fans on here when it was 1st mentioned about Harvey joining the Warriors.

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Seems  like someones not up to date on the rules regarding development fees. It was mentioned by a few Cowden fans on here when it was 1st mentioned about Harvey joining the Warriors.

No, I don’t know the rules and not pretending to, please explain away....

11 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Aye basically if he wants a wage it will need to be on the same or higher terms at Cowdenbeath until someone is willing to pay the desired fee (or take their chance at a tribunal).  Otherwise he would need to sign on amateur terms afaik. 

One of our former players had this and basically had to go amateur for a few seasons, he tried loads of ways to find a loophole (going abroad etc) and even sued the club (he lost).  Guy was an absolute dick and ended up on the sex offenders register so I do not feel sorry for him. 

1 minute ago, Christophe said:

No, I don’t know the rules and not pretending to, please explain away....

As he is still 22 years old we are entitled to a fee for development as a player since he has been with us since he was 12 I think. I would imagine if it had been the other way round the Warriors would have been rightly looking for a fee.