Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Buzz has been a good servant to Brechin but he was absolutely dross last year. Don’t know if it was a confidence thing but he was a shadow of the keeper he was the few seasons prior. He got dropped for a few games for a keeper that’s played a handful of games in about 4 years, says it all really.

Could be a good signing if he can get back to his form of old. He’s nuts and will pick up plenty of bookings and the odd red card for losing the plot.

Ruaridh Donaldson has signed on! Very pleased with this, I was worried he'd fancy his chances a little higher up the foodchain than with Stenhousemuir so it's pleasing he's staying for another season.

Thomas Halleran has also agrees terms for next year too.

I’d heard other teams were talking to Donaldson so really pleased he has signed on again. Had a shaky start and a shaky conclusion to the season but in between he was really good. I think he is a fine prospect.

Halleran is a tidy player. Really hope he can step up this season. Same mould as Paton, but not quite as good. Yet.

Delighted to have Donaldson on sign on with the moves Meechan and Dunlop had made I thought it was a certainty he would in a similar manner. Not seen anything from Halleran that makes me think he will cut it in league one but it's a body if nothing else.

We say thank you Jimmy for that final push where he was inspired in the play offs but in reality he never done anywhere near enough for us last season to even think about having him a league up.

7 hours ago, Neilly said:

Delighted to have Donaldson on sign on with the moves Meechan and Dunlop had made I thought it was a certainty he would in a similar manner. Not seen anything from Halleran that makes me think he will cut it in league one but it's a body if nothing else.

We say thank you Jimmy for that final push where he was inspired in the play offs but in reality he never done anywhere near enough for us last season to even think about having him a league up.

Where did he play for you. Just off the left?. I may be wrong but did you utilise him as coming in from the left for diagonals and long goal kicks etc...

1 hour ago, Moonglum25 said:

Not surprising that Jimmy Scott is away.  According to the Falkirk Herald he is hoping to resign McMenamen again - is that the sum of our ambition.

Why wouldn't you keep Colin McMenamin at the club? He'll be kept on as a coach and will probably be used sporadically, like last season. He only played as often as he did over the final third of the season because Mark McGuigan was injured and Jamie Longworth wasn't up to it. Scored some very important goals too.

Anyway, are you going to tell us about the club's problems or are you just teasing us all?

1 hour ago, Moonglum25 said:

Not surprising that Jimmy Scott is away.  According to the Falkirk Herald he is hoping to resign McMenamen again - is that the sum of our ambition.

I wouldn't have thought so.

I guess the clue is in the name Moonglum, glum by name, glum by nature.

You would take Mcmenamen again to play as he did this season, to come in and upset defences, prove a threat for a half dozen goals, and win in the air a knock on ball played forward. And then his experience as a coach for the younger players being brought in. Guy gives 100%.

why dont you just f*** off glum.  Apart from Ross Dunlop, the rest who have left won't be missed.  Meeks would have been missed but not so much with Donaldson signed who offers more as a fullback.

So far your predictions of the world ending for Stenny have been a load of sh***.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Are there better right-backs than Ross Meechan?  Yes, probably.

Are there others who are as popular with the support, play with 100 per cent commitment and show the same passion and desire as Ross Meechan? No.

canne argue there, but willing to give Donaldson the chance to become that man

I would have thought Colin will be signed on again as a coach and still registered as a player for emergencies. He's a good character to have around the club so seems fair enough.

Glad to have Cookie back as well I don't think we would get many better in that position.

2 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

Kieran Gibbons from East Kilbride signs. I know nothing about him. Anyone?

Played for Cowden the season we were relegated from League 1 previously with Hamilton, Aberdeen and Livingston.

Kieran Gibbons from East Kilbride signs. I know nothing about him. Anyone?
A player I despised when he played at Cowden. Seems to have bettered himself at East Kilbride though. More of a defensive centre mid who is calm on the ball.

I'm always cautious when I've never heard of a player we're signing, especially when they come from East Kilbride/Lowland League.

From what the website says we've done our research properly but a 2 year deal seems a but strange. I reckon we'll need much better than this to stay up.

Hardworking grafter, skinny looking but hardy and have seen him sent off twice in about 15 games I have seen him in