Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Yes, and I've heard he wears that helmet thing just on the off chance it might burst a passing small child's balloon and make them cry!

Edited by Brummo
Allaying possible confusion

The reason I stopped going is cause the stewards total f**k wits, found it really hard to keep my mouth shut, everyone knows my dad at football and his unbelievable shouts can be very embarrassing but he is 78 and it’s his life, he goes every game home or away and even offered to pay for a players wage last season and the f**k wit head steward put him in a police report for shouting at the ref, that was last straw also witnessed him nipping and punshing a 13 year old ball boy. Guy just a bully and shits himself when confronted with someone bigger.

• 2 weeks later...

Harry Paton has been released by Heart of Midlothian. A damn shame as he probably had something to offer them but when the club took their loanees to their winter training camp in Valencia and sent him back to Stenhousemuir, it was unlikely he'd be kept on.

Still, he has a decent career ahead of him somewhere else.

Harry Paton has been released by Heart of Midlothian. A damn shame as he probably had something to offer them but when the club took their loanees to their winter training camp in Valencia and sent him back to Stenhousemuir, it was unlikely he'd be kept on.
Still, he has a decent career ahead of him somewhere else.
Should find a club no bother at all....

Here's a question for the good online Warriors: who would you want to keep hold of for next season and who would you want to release?

I know there's still a couple of games left and we're still in the race for promotion but regardless, I think changes are required for next term.

KEEP

• Mark McGuigan
    • The big striker has been generally excellent over the course of the season and our only true source of goals. Keeping him must be a priority, although I can imagine other teams will have taken an interest in him.
  • Mark Ferry
    • An underwhelming signing last summer, Mark Ferry's probably been our most consistent player this season, someone who's good at retaining possession and keeping things ticking over. He needs someone with energy to play alongside him in the middle of the park but I'd be disappointed to see him elsewhere next year.
  • Ruaridh Donaldson
    • Although his form's dipped a little over the last few months, Ruaridh Donaldson's had a good debut season in the senior leagues. There's tonnes of potential there and, for the first time in ages, we have a young player capable of progressing further up the foodchain. Like McGuigan, I reckon other clubs might be keen on him.
  • Ross Meechan
    • Having established himself at right-back after spending so long filling in for others, Ross Meechan's had a decent season. He does need to improve his crossing but he's a very solid lower-league full-back.
  • Ross Dunlop
    • Ross Dunlop hasn't been too hot over the last few weeks (hey, who has!) but when he's at his best he's a classy ball-playing defender and there aren't too many of them around. I'd definitely keep him.
  • Mick Dunlop
    • You can more or less apply what I've written about Ross Dunlop and apply it to his brother. He hasn't been to great recently but he's proven himself to be decent this year, even if he is advancing in years.
  • Harry Paton
    • There is no way in a million years that Harry Paton will be at Stenhousemuir next term but it's nice to dream all the same.

I'm ambivalent on the rest of the squad. Players like Jamie Longworth and Jimmy Scott have not delivered what's been expected of them. At 37, Colin McMenamin might have an eye on retirement. Chris Smith hasn't been as steadfast as I would have hoped. Alan Cook has disappointed since returning to the club on loan. Eddie Ferns is too damn inconsistent. David Marsh can't bee happy with his bit-part role this season.

23 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Here's a question for the good online Warriors: who would you want to keep hold of for next season and who would you want to release?

I know there's still a couple of games left and we're still in the race for promotion but regardless, I think changes are required for next term.

KEEP

• Mark McGuigan
    • The big striker has been generally excellent over the course of the season and our only true source of goals. Keeping him must be a priority, although I can imagine other teams will have taken an interest in him.
  • Mark Ferry
    • An underwhelming signing last summer, Mark Ferry's probably been our most consistent player this season, someone who's good at retaining possession and keeping things ticking over. He needs someone with energy to play alongside him in the middle of the park but I'd be disappointed to see him elsewhere next year.
  • Ruaridh Donaldson
    • Although his form's dipped a little over the last few months, Ruaridh Donaldson's had a good debut season in the senior leagues. There's tonnes of potential there and, for the first time in ages, we have a young player capable of progressing further up the foodchain. Like McGuigan, I reckon other clubs might be keen on him.
  • Ross Meechan
    • Having established himself at right-back after spending so long filling in for others, Ross Meechan's had a decent season. He does need to improve his crossing but he's a very solid lower-league full-back.
  • Ross Dunlop
    • Ross Dunlop hasn't been too hot over the last few weeks (hey, who has!) but when he's at his best he's a classy ball-playing defender and there aren't too many of them around. I'd definitely keep him.
  • Mick Dunlop
    • You can more or less apply what I've written about Ross Dunlop and apply it to his brother. He hasn't been to great recently but he's proven himself to be decent this year, even if he is advancing in years.
  • Harry Paton
    • There is no way in a million years that Harry Paton will be at Stenhousemuir next term but it's nice to dream all the same.

I'm ambivalent on the rest of the squad. Players like Jamie Longworth and Jimmy Scott have not delivered what's been expected of them. At 37, Colin McMenamin might have an eye on retirement. Chris Smith hasn't been as steadfast as I would have hoped. Alan Cook has disappointed since returning to the club on loan. Eddie Ferns is too damn inconsistent. David Marsh can't bee happy with his bit-part role this season.

Pretty much agree with this. I would keep Chris Smith and Alan Cook, whilst they haven’t shown the form they are capable of I still think they are worth keeping. I wouldn’t be against Colin McMenamin staying on, on the basis he isn’t the go to sub when we are getting beat. The rest can go. Marsh is a liability, Ferns not good enough, Longworth has been poor. 

I actually think we have a decent spine but losing Paton will be a blow, don’t want to even think about losing McGuigan. If we can get the back 4, Smith, Ferry, Cook and McGuigan signed up I’d be happy with that to start with. Then think we need some quality out wide, another striker so we’re not completely relying on McGuigan and then somehow attempt to replace Paton.

On 24/04/2018 at 11:07, Francesc Fabregas said:

KEEP

• Mark McGuigan
  • Mark Ferry
  • Ruaridh Donaldson
  • Ross Meechan
  • Ross Dunlop
  • Mick Dunlop
  • Harry Paton

Basically what I would go for with the exception of adding David Marsh. Big Mick has been short on pace this year and I would pair David Marsh and Ross Dunlop in the back 4 and tell Mick he is back up. Ross Dunlop for his ball playing and Marsh for his grit. 

Alan Cook if he can get his consistancy back but the rest can go as far as I am concerned.