Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Probably not a great deal according to the Board whenever it was raised.  During our financial issue a couple of years ago it was brought up but one Board member stated that it not as much as people thought.  I was under the impression that all income was vital.

From a Shire supporter in the know the sum is thought to be 15-20k.

Incidentally the player's were beasted in training on Tuesay night as a consequence of the performance against Elgin, with the training consisting or running, sprints and running.  I would have thought it would have been more valid to have spent the time working on plan b when the long ball, sorry pass, is not working.

Edited by Moonglum25

As far as I'm aware its around 15k plus add-ons. To be honest the stewards made this an issue and really forced the fans to take a stand. Since we moved into Ochilview we have had supporters of 30+ years stop attending home games due to the treatment we have recieved. It has been better in recent seasons but it's still be below par. It's a fair bit of money to lose for a club like Stenhousemuir, but thank you for hosting us for the time that you have.

33 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

All of a sudden the pitch is now available for hire every 2nd Saturday afternoon at market rate. This should be good news.

Suppose it depends on how much folk want to hire it on a Saturday afternoon. 

1 hour ago, beaver1 said:

All of a sudden the pitch is now available for hire every 2nd Saturday afternoon at market rate. This should be good news.

So you lose £15.000 plus, and hire pitch out every second Saturday and make £4.000 Tops and it's good news.. 

Come on Beaver that's definitely not good for Stenhousemuir,  - £11.000  out of the budget. 

Only 15 home games in the Lowland League, plus some cup games. If (probably unlikely), joe public hired the pitch out on the alternative Saturdays, then that would make up the difference. Surely, the pitch is unavailable for most of the day on match days, not just a few hours either side of the games. Not sure how popular the pitch rental is though.

2 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

As far as I'm aware its around 15k plus add-ons. To be honest the stewards made this an issue and really forced the fans to take a stand. Since we moved into Ochilview we have had supporters of 30+ years stop attending home games due to the treatment we have recieved. It has been better in recent seasons but it's still be below par. It's a fair bit of money to lose for a club like Stenhousemuir, but thank you for hosting us for the time that you have.

The stewards are absolute arseholes but have been for years and the club obviously don't care. Trying to get a standing section behind the goals for kids and they never left them alone the full game.

I was standing at the merch hut for most of the first half and the beginning of the second half. The head steward said I had to sit in my seat after about the 50 minute mark and I said I had stood here the full game with no issues as not blocking anyone with my back to a hut. I made the point to him that without fail this area would be mobbed with about 10 minutes to go as people always congregate before the full time whistle and not one person would be told to take a seat. He had no answer and demanded I take a seat. He has no people skills in particular and he's the man in charge.

The match day experience at Ochilview is fucking awful as it is. I struggle to see us having a fan base in 20 years to be honest there is nothing appetising to a young person coming to sit in a morgue and be dictated to by Hitler and the lads.

10 minutes ago, Neilly said:

The stewards are absolute arseholes but have been for years and the club obviously don't care.He has no people skills in particular and he's the man in charge.

The match day experience at Ochilview is fucking awful as it is. I struggle to see us having a fan base in 20 years to be honest there is nothing appetising to a young person coming to sit in a morgue and be dictated to by Hitler and the lads.

The man is a total idiot but the club seem to like him. Possibly one of the reasons the Shire are leaving.  A few weeks ago he treated a number of Shire fans, who are all middle aged, like absolute dirt. Pity he shat it when we played Rangers in the Ramsden when a Rngers fan was giving big verbals and challenges to the home crowd and he wasstanding next to him and did nothing  but he made up for it on the Saturday when someone had their feet on a chair.

If you feel inclined complain to Dunedin.

H

40 minutes ago, Neilly said:

The stewards are absolute arseholes but have been for years and the club obviously don't care. Trying to get a standing section behind the goals for kids and they never left them alone the full game.

I was standing at the merch hut for most of the first half and the beginning of the second half. The head steward said I had to sit in my seat after about the 50 minute mark and I said I had stood here the full game with no issues as not blocking anyone with my back to a hut. I made the point to him that without fail this area would be mobbed with about 10 minutes to go as people always congregate before the full time whistle and not one person would be told to take a seat. He had no answer and demanded I take a seat. He has no people skills in particular and he's the man in charge.

Have to say, I loved the old Stenny ground. The stand on the other side and the 'terracing' round the rest of the ground. I generally don't go to away games now at Stenny because of the current ground set up.

6 hours ago, CEMSFC said:

Signed Andrew Dallas on loan from Rangers until the end of the season.

Why?  We have a 22 yr old stiker already on loan who has had maybe 10 minutes game time and who cannot shift McMenamin so we bring in an 18 yr old striker who will no doubt just be here to keep the bench warm.  If Cunningham is crap and does not feature in our plans then return him from loan.  If he has potential then why is he not being given a chance.  Perhaps a question to be asked post match?

17 hours ago, Moonglum25 said:

The man is a total idiot but the club seem to like him. Possibly one of the reasons the Shire are leaving.  A few weeks ago he treated a number of Shire fans, who are all middle aged, like absolute dirt. Pity he shat it when we played Rangers in the Ramsden when a Rngers fan was giving big verbals and challenges to the home crowd and he wasstanding next to him and did nothing  but he made up for it on the Saturday when someone had their feet on a chair.

If you feel inclined complain to Dunedin.

At a Stirling game someone let off a smoke bomb. Regardless of what you think its llegal. Hilter and his posse round up 20 youths and body searched them prior to ejecting them from ground. The tallest lad complained and was pushed against the wall repeatedly. Police had been  called. When a mature Stirling fan questioned the procedure. The officers response was " Do you want arrested as well" 

Stewards often get a bad name, this guy is the worst.

Why?  We have a 22 yr old stiker already on loan who has had maybe 10 minutes game time and who cannot shift McMenamin so we bring in an 18 yr old striker who will no doubt just be here to keep the bench warm.  If Cunningham is crap and does not feature in our plans then return him from loan.  If he has potential then why is he not being given a chance.  Perhaps a question to be asked post match?
Cunningham isn't on loan ffs.

49 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:
2 hours ago, Moonglum25 said:

Cunningham isn't on loan ffs.

Okay  my mistake ffs - signed until the end of the season  question still stands

At a Stirling game someone let off a smoke bomb. Regardless of what you think its llegal. Hilter and his posse round up 20 youths and body searched them prior to ejecting them from ground. The tallest lad complained and was pushed against the wall repeatedly. Police had been  called. When a mature Stirling fan questioned the procedure. The officers response was " Do you want arrested as well" 

I know what game your talking about, pretty sure we got a scudding. But the Stewards didn't just throw the boy out, they threw everyone near that group out. The stewards at Ochilview are wanks, but Neilly getting it tight makes me very happy.

23 hours ago, Moonglum25 said:

Okay  my mistake ffs - signed until the end of the season  question still stands

On loan or signed is pretty irrelevant your point is completely valid. No need for the FFS from the camera man in my opinion.

Cunningham has been given no chance to prove himself so why did we sign him? We plod on with the hopeless Longworth and a spent McMenamin when Stevie Wonder could see wee need some pace and spark in the final third to help Mr Goals.

We won't make the play offs in our current plight I would say we are the worst team in the league at the minute, all things considered.

Cunningham has been given no chance to prove himself so why did we sign him? We plod on with the hopeless Longworth and a spent McMenamin when Stevie Wonder could see wee need some pace and spark in the final third to help Mr Goals.

Which is surprising to read because Sandy proved with us that he is a handy player to have at this level who has a knack of making things happen in the final third, along with bagging the odd goal for himself. When you signed him, I thought he would of struck up a great partnership with McGuigan but either he has lost the ability to play football during his time away or something else has gone on with him that has made Ferguson change his mind about him.

They've changed the head steward and things have been much better. He's a really nice guy.

The issue is chief redcoat and the way he speaks to people and chooses what he wants to challenge.

Against Rangers last season a boy in front of me sat the full game drinking from 2 bottles of Fanta. I got a row for standing up!

He picks on one shire fan in particular and issued him a ban whilst he had no right to do so. Safe to say it never stood.

No need for people like this when clubs like ours need the fans!