Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, Moonglum25 said:

Great news that Alan is back, player with a bit of skill an caapable of scoring his share of goals as well.  Rumour has it we may be going back to 5-3-2

I hope that's only a rumour. The formation might have yielded some success at the tail end of last term but it really didn't suit us when we tried it out at the start of the season. Breaking up the Dunlop brothers' partnership to include the bang-average David Marsh in a back three didn't make a lot of sense to me. Big Mick and Ross didn't look as comfortable while Ross Meechan wasn't great operating as a wing-back. We are a lot better playing with an orthodox back four and we have one of the stingiest defences in the division.

A lack of ruthlessness has been our problem this season - we should be higher up the division - not our defence.

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna be really unpopular for saying this. But cookie needs to sort his attitude out ASAP. Lucky to have stayed on the park on Saturday and not getting a second caution, too much unneeded challenges, that kick out that he didn’t get cautioned for was idiotic, his caution for mouthing off was petulant. He carried on and I don’t know how he stayed on. Remember when EK beat us in EK and he got a second yellow for frustration and a challenge he didn’t need to make.

If we’re going to make a serious push for promotion, we cannot carry players with bad attitudes that are liable to get sent off. If he buckles down and stick in, great. If not and he’s going to carry on that way he can GTF.

I mean we won and he walked off the park with his face torn and tripping.

2 hours ago, Ayrshire-SFC said:

Gonna be really unpopular for saying this. But cookie needs to sort his attitude out ASAP. Lucky to have stayed on the park on Saturday and not getting a second caution, too much unneeded challenges, that kick out that he didn’t get cautioned for was idiotic, his caution for mouthing off was petulant. He carried on and I don’t know how he stayed on. Remember when EK beat us in EK and he got a second yellow for frustration and a challenge he didn’t need to make.

If we’re going to make a serious push for promotion, we cannot carry players with bad attitudes that are liable to get sent off. If he buckles down and stick in, great. If not and he’s going to carry on that way he can GTF.

I mean we won and he walked off the park with his face torn and tripping.

What he eventually got booked for was complaining about obstruction when he was chasing the ball. If the ref was going to book him for mouthing off, most of the players on that pitch should have been booked as well. 

What he eventually got booked for was complaining about obstruction when he was chasing the ball. If the ref was going to book him for mouthing off, most of the players on that pitch should have been booked as well. 

The difference between cookie and the generic mouthing off was cookie was making it very publicly known the was doing it. Like when he got booked eventually. You could tell what he was doing from the opposite side of the pitch. When you make your dissent that blatant you leave the ref with no choice. But every time I’ve seen him he’s been the same. He needs to get a grip of himself and realise it’s not about him, it’s about the team. And he cannot leave the team out to dry because of his own selfish actions.

2 hours ago, Ayrshire-SFC said:

The difference between cookie and the generic mouthing off was cookie was making it very publicly known the was doing it. Like when he got booked eventually. You could tell what he was doing from the opposite side of the pitch. When you make your dissent that blatant you leave the ref with no choice. But every time I’ve seen him he’s been the same. He needs to get a grip of himself and realise it’s not about him, it’s about the team. And he cannot leave the team out to dry because of his own selfish actions.

Yeah I know what you mean.

Ref wasn't consistent on Saturday. Most of the dugouts was giving him abuse and he done nothing about it. 

• 4 weeks later...