Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

When you compare him to Hutton you have improved that position ten fold.

I could have went in nets with my hands tied behind my back and a blindfold and done better than Hutton

I think some StennyPas fans slightly overestimate FlemingScully's ability because he performed well in what was a very poor team. That said, he's a good keeper and will no doubt do very well for AyPartick.

Best of luck to him. He certainly played a major role in keeping us up

Sounds like a tug of war/love for Dougie Hill - Alloa, Dumbarton, Pars, Cowden, Stenny all quoted as being after him.

Dougie Hill released by Raith played with Bomber at Alloa, we need another centre back...

Would love to see Dougie Hill at Stenny but I can't imagine he'll join up - I reckon he could have the pick of the clubs at this level.

Heard that Alan Lithgow was back up at the weekend looking to sign up. Apparently he was looking for too much money to stay at the club, so Bomber withdrew the contract offer, but he's had a change of heart and wants to stay. Bomber's on holiday at the moment so he couldn't agree a deal, but watch this space...

There's a rumour on the Clyde FC thread that Jamie Barclay has signed for us.

He was very handy when he was on loan at East Stirlingshire a few years ago, but he's put on a lot of weight since and looks really out of shape. He'll be a decent acquisition I suppose (if it comes off). Big shoes to fill.

Not going to be on the same level as Fleming or Smith but these are the kind of hits we are going to have to take with the budget cuts.

He was pretty overweight the last time I seen him so least he will cover most of the goals.

Ok I'll spill the beans with regards to Alan Lithgow rather than anyone having to make up a story. Alan was offered a new contract which would reduce his weekly wage by £100. Alan advised he would like to remain at Stenny but was unlikely to accept such a drop in wages. He wasn't looking for too much money just didn't want to drop just as much. Don't know why it has stated on the website that Alan is away as the deal is actually still on the table

Thanks for clearing that up, Alan. If that's the case then I can understand your reluctance to sign on - that's quite a significant drop. I do hope some kind of deal can be reached, you did us a decent turn last season. Good centre-backs are hard to come by.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

He was very handy when he was on loan at East Stirlingshire a few years ago, but he's put on a lot of weight since and looks really out of shape. He'll be a decent acquisition I suppose (if it comes off). Big shoes to fill.

Not going to be on the same level as Fleming or Smith but these are the kind of hits we are going to have to take with the budget cuts.

He was pretty overweight the last time I seen him so least he will cover most of the goals.

Last season he noticeably toned up. Think Ferguson had an impact there.

Good goalie at League 2, though the difference when Martin came in was noticeable.

Last season he noticeably toned up. Think Ferguson had an impact there.

Good goalie at League 2, though the difference when Martin came in was noticeable.

Fair play to him.

I got the impression that Alan Martin was a significant step up in quality (certainly on the couple of times I saw Clyde). Having had quality goalkeepers for the last two years, I'm a little cautious about this signing but Neilly's summed it up. This is our level.

Ok I'll spill the beans with regards to Alan Lithgow rather than anyone having to make up a story. Alan was offered a new contract which would reduce his weekly wage by £100. Alan advised he would like to remain at Stenny but was unlikely to accept such a drop in wages. He wasn't looking for too much money just didn't want to drop just as much. Don't know why it has stated on the website that Alan is away as the deal is actually still on the table

Welcome back Big Al. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

has any one seen Barclay recently? the weight has lost and he is looking top notch, he must be hitting the gym hard!

We know that with a reduced budget we aren't going to be signing superstars so it's a decent enough addition.

He isn't a child from some amateur team you've never heard of so Ferguson's signing policy is already considerably better than Booth's.