Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Smith 

Crawford.  Munro.  Little.  Trialist 

Tapping.  Blair.  Halleran

Hopkirk.  Muir.  Spence

...for first half, various subs thereafter. Biabi, McGuigan and Watters on 2nd half. As I mentioned above, keeper was subbed for Erskine, Fairley came on and played centre mid. Might have been other changes late on but stream packed in during last 15 mins 

Edited by Christophe

5 hours ago, Christophe said:

Smith 

Crawford.  Munro.  Little.  Trialist 

Tapping.  Blair.  Halleran

Hopkirk.  Muir.  Spence

...for first half, various subs thereafter. Biabi, McGuigan and Watters on 2nd half. As I mentioned above, keeper was subbed for Erskine, Fairley came on and played centre mid. Might have been other changes late on but stream packed in during last 15 mins 

Last change was the Trialist Left back off for a trialist Left Mid with Ryan Watters going into left back

30 minutes ago, Hard Graft said:

Can find no trace of this game or how to access the stream on our website.  Where were the details of this to be found?

Are you a ST holder? Details were emailed to those people only.

I believe details of pre-season games are otherwise being kept hushed as a matter of course across all Scottish clubs to discourage people turning up and trying to gain access to the parks 

Edited by Christophe

4 hours ago, Christophe said:

Are you a ST holder? Details were emailed to those people only.

I believe details of pre-season games are otherwise being kept hushed as a matter of course across all Scottish clubs to discourage people turning up and trying to gain access to the parks 

sorted - club did not have email address - thanks

59 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

You were one of the lucky ones then - it wasn't pretty

Does it look like another season of biting the nails or is there a glimmer of hope?  How was Munro - skillful play-maker or punt up the park and arm in the air?

Edited by Hard Graft
spelling

Tapping looks like a decent holding midfielder, Spence has always been a menace up top and McGuigan will get goals. Munro is a good old fashioned centre-half. Four solid players to build a team capable of making the play-offs around in my opinion. 

Tapping looked good. Thought Babi and mcguigan looked fairly sharp. Generally very very poor but too soon to panic.

I recon Munro is a real liability. Distribution awful - why just not make whoever is the other central defender the guy to give the ball to? More important that this however is his tendency to make several defensive howlers every game. He puffs his chest out and shouts a lot and that fools people. He is a very poor defender. I would have been happy to see him leave at the end of the season

Edited by true fan

Tapping looks like a decent holding midfielder, Spence has always been a menace up top and McGuigan will get goals. Munro is a good old fashioned centre-half. Four solid players to build a team capable of making the play-offs around in my opinion. 

As an outsider I would probably tend to agree with the above. Throw in a good Goalkeeper in Smith along with Hopkirk and Muir, who both have good scoring records at this level, and Biabi, who many thought would be playing at a higher level than League 2, then you would expect Stenny to be slogging it out for the Play Offs.

5th November this year is the 25th anniversary of our Challenge Cup victory.  I know we had a 10 year celebration in the Dobbie Hall but wonder if the club had anything planned for this year but if so it will probably be curtailed by the virus.  Instead they may wish to consider bringing out a DVD of the game or some commemorative  shirts or the like. 

Anyone got any knowledge of what may be in the pipeline?

9 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

We have signed Martin Shiels from Gartcairn Juniors.

The name vaguely presses a buzzer - was he a trialist in the game against East Fife?

Martin has played in both friendlies so far