Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

13 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

If fans aren't back in October, if someone in Scotland was to stumble upon a VPN, could they in theory watch the home games?

If restrictions come back and you find yourself a temp email account and a free account with a well known VPN.  Noone will know the difference.

Netflix puts considerable financial weight into finding and stopping known VPNs with limited success. The SPFL clubs while acknowledging this loophole rely only on goodwill that you'll follow the terms and conditions you agreed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/09/2020 at 19:28, beaver1 said:

Blackburn Rovers? Not East of Scotland’s Blackburn United?

Had to double check that myself when I seen the 'reveal video' on social media. Mind boggling move. I'm sure it's nothing at all to do with his old man being an agent and all above board though. 

3 hours ago, beaver1 said:

Max Christie's views on Kieran Anderson..."

“He has come in, he needs to lose weight and get fitter and have a better attitude about the place and he has to be fair."

Can only imagine what his dad and his big daft uncle have to say about that!

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

How was Seb Ross for the warriors? We've just signed him on a 3 year deal. Only seen him once against a Cove youth side pre-Covid in a local Aberdeen competition.

Hard to say, to be honest. I'm sure Seb Ross was the captain of Aberdeen's youth side and his loan signing was seen as a bit of a coup at the time. I remember Brown Ferguson talking at the meet-the-manager forum at the start of the 2018/19 season about how he and other people at Stenhousemuir had been working with Aberdeen several months prior to bring Ross in, so naturally we were all quite excited to see what he could do.

Sadly, I don't think Ross really matched our expectations. His work rate was never in doubt and he seemed happy to put himself about, and he sometimes showed some nice touches here and there, scoring a neat goal against Dumbarton in September 2018, but he lacked the stature or the physicality to hang with the bruisers in League 1 and couldn't really impose himself or leave much of an impression on games. It didn't help that he was playing in a really poor team, or that he didn't seem to have a fixed position - I'm not sure if he was a wide forward, a shadow striker, or a midfielder. I think he got a bad injury at the end of January and missed two months of football, before returning and making three blink-and-you'll-miss-them appearances off the bench as we slunk towards relegation.

I'm sure he's bulked out over the last two years and he'll have a lot to offer Cove Rangers. A three-year deal is pretty decent going, fair play to him.

4 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

We have a friendly against Kelty on 26 Sept at Ochilview. 2pm KO. No idea if our new fangled streaming software will be up and running, but even if not, Kelty are broadcasting the game on their site. £5.

We are aiming to have our streams set up by then. 

5 hours ago, Neilly said:

Looking forward to the eye gouging friendly this evening. 

I stopped watching at 5-1 (and the score could be even worse by the time I finish writing this post). East Fife were streets ahead of us in almost every department - Danny Swanson and Ryan Wallace had us on toast in the first half then Danny Denholm and Scott Agnew did the same in the second. There weren't a lot of positives to take other than Callum Tapping's nice goal and Mark McGuigan bringing something different to the frontline when he was introduced after the interval. I don't know who any of the trialists were or if they're any good. A lot of work will needed to be done before the start of the season because we looked so disjointed.

That said: fair play to everyone at both clubs for streaming the game. The service is good and will be a very adequate substitute until we're allowed back into the grounds.

RB first half was Lewis Crawford last of Dumbarton. Not sure who the LB was.

2nd half we brought on Jayden Fairlie, 16 year who was/is at Hibs. Not sure if he's still contracted there. Played at Civil Service last season on loan and capped for Scotland at u-17.

Keeper 2nd half was Callum Erskine, at Falkirk last season.

Not sure who the number 3 was, or if he was the same LB as the first half, was hard to pick faces and numbers out on the far side but he looked very young also.

Agree there weren't many positives, I'd have at least have been looking for signs of improvement in the system but it seemed very much back to the 'smash it forward through Munro' route as per last term.

Edited by Christophe