Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Dunfermline supporters are weird when it comes to their old players.

Anyway, losing Greg Fleming would be a big blow to us - he was our Player of the Year for the season and kept our score-lines respectable with a number of excellent saves over the course of the campaign. His performance at the 0-0 draw at Ayr, for example, highlighted his abilities, and he was superb in the 1-1 draw with Queen's Park in the play-off final. He does have a tendency to punch rather than catch but I can't really fault him. He was good for us and I'm sure he'll be good for Ayr too.

If he goes, of course, all we have is conjecture at the minute...

Dunfermline supporters are weird when it comes to their old players.

Stenhousemuir supporters are weird in that they sign failed Dunfermline players and then act surprised when Dunfermline supporters mention they were disasters for us.

Chris Smith and Fleming were two poor keepers for us, seing as we were a top 1st division side when they played for us and since leaving none of the players have reached anywhere near that level I'd say that vindicates the Dunfermline supporters view.

I'm reasonably sure when we played Stenhousemuir earlier in the season there fans weren't to enamoured with Fleming.

Stenhousemuir supporters are weird in that they sign failed Dunfermline players and then act surprised when Dunfermline supporters mention they were disasters for us.

Chris Smith and Fleming were two poor keepers for us, seing as we were a top 1st division side when they played for us and since leaving none of the players have reached anywhere near that level I'd say that vindicates the Dunfermline supporters view.

I'm reasonably sure when we played Stenhousemuir earlier in the season there fans weren't to enamoured with Fleming.

Not really m8, we all know Smith and Fleming weren't too hot at East End Park - your mob hound them whenever they're brought up on a thread here. Any former Dunfermline player seems to fall into two categories by the fans - shite or brilliant. No grey areas.

There are some moderate posters on the forum who are a bit more considered with their views but I'd say the majority of Dunfermline supporters on this forum are weird.

Not really m8, we all know Smith and Fleming weren't too hot at East End Park - your mob hound them whenever they're brought up on a thread here. Any former Dunfermline player seems to fall into two categories by the fans - shite or brilliant. No grey areas.

Hound them? What a precious petal you are, I also refuse to believe that fans on an Internet forum will use hyperbole when referencing a former players ability, especially on pie and Bovril. It's also a complete load of nonsense of course, I don't recall every fan describing Thompson and Buchanan as brilliant.

Sounds like a Stenhousemuir fan desperately trying to vindicate his overestimating of a players ability, Dunfermline fans called Smith and Fleming shite because they were absolutely horrendous while at us, for a laugh ask fans in the championship or the SPL what they thought of Fleming and Smith, you'll get the same answers.

We've read all this shit before its so boring.

They think Scully is Buffon so would just basically ignore them.

Ah Neilly, please tell me you were the one* making out that Smith was a better keeper than Scully? Same Smith that's slithered down to the bottom tier of Scottish football while Scully is at the top?

*Might have been another Stenhousemuir fan, in which case disregard this and move on.

post-13347-14331033257388_thumb.jpg

Why so precious about Fleming? Just because he was shite for us in a better league, doesn't mean he didn't perform well for Stenny in a worse one. He's found his level, good for him.

so has Dunfermline by the looks of things welcome to another year with the diddys

I think some Stenny fans slightly overestimate Fleming's ability because he performed well in what was a very poor team. That said, he's a good keeper and will no doubt do very well for Ayr.

Best of luck to him. He certainly played a major role in keeping us up