Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

11 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Afternoon Warriors.

Anybody know where I can get Stenhousemuir squad details from 50's, 60's & 70's?

Thank you.

Probably better contacting the club and there may be some details in our book Onwards and Upwards.  I could give you some players details from 60's and 70's but they would not be complete nor accurate.  Perhaps contact the Falkirk Herald they may have details and photos in their archives.

6 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Afternoon Warriors.

Anybody know where I can get Stenhousemuir squad details from 50's, 60's & 70's?

Thank you.

If it's match squads you are interested in, try the Evening Times Saturday editions in the Google newspaper archive, most are available from the 50's to the late 80's.

7 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Afternoon Warriors.

Thank you.

Unsure if you want squads season on season, or simply to discover players who were at the club, but this site is comprehensive:

http://www.neilbrown.newcastlefans.com/stenhousemuir/stenhousemuir.html

This site may also be able to help:

http://www.pmfc.co.uk/postwar.html

• 3 weeks later...

Preston Athletic or Hawick Royal Albert in the Scottish Cup!

Certainly doable, although we said the same thing last year when we were drawn with Penicuik Athletic.

Who could forget our defeat at Prestonpans in 2006? A grim day, for sure, and one I'd be keen to avenge, should we draw them.

Just now, Francesc Fabregas said:

Preston Athletic or Hawick Royal Albert in the Scottish Cup!

Certainly doable, although we said the same thing last year when we were drawn with Penicuik Athletic.

Who could forget our defeat at Prestonpans in 2006? A grim day, for sure, and one I'd be keen to avenge, should we draw them.

Stop reminding us of last year Craig, we're all trying to forget it still.😂

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

I propose the first part of our partnership allows for a swap deal.

Stenhousemuir can take David Tanner and Barrie Wilkins.

We can take Mr Craig G Telfer as our stadium announcer and The Match presenter.

Deal?

Telfer should take over from Tanner imo. 

4 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

I propose the first part of our partnership allows for a swap deal.

Stenhousemuir can take David Tanner and Barrie Wilkins.

We can take Mr Craig G Telfer as our stadium announcer and The Match presenter.

Deal?

Yer no getting Craig as he's my co-commentator now 😂

9 hours ago, CEMSFC said:

Yer no getting Craig as he's my co-commentator now 😂

You could be part of the deal if you like, fancy some salt and sauce, a pay rise and a trip to the castle.

Our current commentator kept referring to Dundee Utd as Dundee on Saturday so I’d be happy to bin him.

2 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

You could be part of the deal if you like, fancy some salt and sauce, a pay rise and a trip to the castle.

Our current commentator kept referring to Dundee Utd as Dundee on Saturday so I’d be happy to bin him.

😂Nah I'm good at the Warriors. Love working for the club

What's everyone's thoughts on yesterday's win over Preston Athletic? I thought Stenhousemuir were largely comfortable and deserved the win but there were a couple of nervy moments, especially after the visitors pulled a goal back immediately after the restart. Nevertheless, we held firm and Mark McGuigan's second goal killed the game off. Everyone had a solid performance, especially the big man and Jonathon Tiffoney, who scored a screamer from about 35 yards, but we were only stretched on occasion and dealt with Preston well enough.

I'd like Falkirk at home or the lowest-ranking side in the competition in the second-round draw. Given supporters aren't able to get to the matches, it's probably about about progression and nothing else.

Thanks for the highlights - sad state of affairs when they are so much better than our own camera system.  Looked a fairly good performance with lots of chances created.  I know the gate money used to be split, do they split the takings for PPV?  Would be sad to get a big name away from home without any crowd. As FF says all about progression.