Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

4 hours ago, CEMSFC said:

Apologies with the stream not working on YouTube, YouTube didn't seem to accept the stream coming from another website.

As for the camera system, we are doing work behind the scenes to improve on it.

Not levelling all this at you, but as you are here and appear to have some insight into the system....

What is the actual scope for improvement though, I mean as it stands I have to say it's pretty much unwatchable for me. Is it likely to come on massive leaps and bounds by the time the proper stuff starts? I'm hearing a lot of "test event", and "calibration required" type chat but be realistic.

Lots of the action was missed today. Some examples/thoughts I've noticed I've the two games so far :

Camera following players in the opposite end of the park to where the action was taking place/following group of players with the ball completely out of shot

It seems to be confused when managers/subs step out of the dugout area below it and begins focusing on them.

The depth is not good. The camera seems set too low to see what's going on over on the far side. Would setting it a bit higher allow a better view across the park? 

It becomes very jumpy at times, don't know what causes that but the picture was getting very juddery. Not such a major issue that one but worth mentioning.

Incident near end when ref took players aside after what appeared to be a bit of a scrap (not sure exactly, it missed that too) which it didn't follow (would have missed card decisions etc). What can actually be done about that particular example? Is it programmed to follow the ball? Motion? How likely is it to "learn" to follow a referee having a word with a player in the corner of the pitch?  I suspect it can't. Which leads to missing potentially major moments in a game.

Is anyone at the club remotely likely to contemplate accepting that a man with a camera is a far better option or has the chairman thrown to much of his own lot in with the media stuff with Pixellot and Mark Millar to climb down now. I strongly suspect the latter.

My preference would always be 100% to watch the Stenhousemuir game of a Saturday afternoon but in its current guise, and as I'm in an area where fans are able to attend non-league games, then I honestly can't see myself staying in to watch the streams while they remain substandard. Which is fairly disappointing.

Absolutely happy to accept if this is the cheaper option or whatever? Or it's being funded for us or whatever the case may be. After all it's good just to be able to have the option to follow my club, but let's not keep up the pretence that it's some sort of wonder system for watching a game, it's a bloody hard watch.

Edited by Christophe

Christophe has hit the nail on the head.

After it failed to show on our site it took a bit of time to find out where it was being shown and to be frank it was a waste of time.  The camera failing to follow the ball, no close ups of incidents and I fear the judder may be caused by the wind and if that is the case wait until the wind is really blowing.

If that is the best we are going to get then so be it but I cannot see many people paying good money for such poor quality. I was of the opinion that someone was operating the camera and did not realise that it was AI.  As Christophe says a man with a camera has to be a better option.

Couple of good goals in the game yesterday.  Kelty looked a reasonable team at times with Stevenson, in particular, impressing.

Our camera system is poor quality at the moment and will it get much better?   Go to Kelty's site and look at the highlights they have done - much more impressive.

From what I hear CamBehindTheCam has been pouring bovril on the new equipment so it goes back to the old way of recording games. 

I can't tell what's going on in the current product so would be happy to go back to the old way even if he did miss the odd goal again.

I watched Airdrieonians match with Albion Rovers this evening on DTV and I was really impressed with the product. The camera - which I think might be Pixellot - largely followed the action, the picture was HD and the commentary was excellent. I hope our service is of a similar standard when it's fully operational!

I watched Airdrieonians match with Albion Rovers this evening on DTV and I was really impressed with the product. The camera - which I think might be Pixellot - largely followed the action, the picture was HD and the commentary was excellent. I hope our service is of a similar standard when it's fully operational!

It is pixellot and was miles better than it was on Saturday apparently. Hopefully they can make the same improvements to our camera.