Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

7 minutes ago, the philosopher said:

You were pretty shit last year though.

All that unfulfilled promise from a  big team, even little Annan were above you.

Report card - could do better.

We were absolutely shit and still battling it out with garbage like Nanna in mid table. Delighted to have got the only decent player from them and sure he will add to our options up front.

It's hardly ground breaking but McGuigan will be away which hurts my heart a bit.

Aye, I fear for big Mark. He wasn't too hot last season and Davie Irons doesn't really seem to fancy him.

He has 12 months remaining on his current deal so something will have to be worked out if he was to move on. Hope that won't be the case!

Here's our squad so far for the 2020/21 campaign:

Goalkeepers
Graeme Smith

Defenders
Creag Little (signed from Queen's Park)
Andy Munro
Jonathan Tiffoney

Midfielders
Ryan Blair
Thomas Halleran

Strikers
Botti Biabi
Tiwi Daramola
David Hopkirk
Mark McGuigan
Tommy Muir (signed from Annan Athletic)
Greig Spence
Ryan Watters

That does seem like a lot of forwards but I expect Biabi and Hopkirk (and Daramola, if he's given a chance next year) to play out wide.

11 minutes ago, Christophe said:

I thought Tiwi signed permanently with Boness United Juniors earlier in the year?

It's still saying he's a Stenhousemuir FC player on our website!

I was hoping to see him finally get a decent run in the team this year.

I'm positive that they put an announcement out around Easter time saying he has penned a deal and would be joining on expiry of his contract...would imagine that would have been this summer at the latest if he's been able to discuss with other clubs.

Bit of a disappointment if he's off to that level tbh, but in saying that don't think the ever really did the job at the BU seniors, Camelon or Oakley on his loans.

In a case of "what might have been" he's currently goalscoring for Motherwell in the Premiership in 2022/23 in my FM2020 save! 

He's not listed on the Bo'ness United webpage, but Kieran Anderson (remember him!) is.

I signed Tiwi Daramola for my Queen's Park team and he was with me for 12 years, rising through the divisions with me and winning two Scottish Cups and a League Cup. His stats were terrible but his goal return from the wing was astonishing!

20 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

He's not listed on the Bo'ness United webpage, but Kieran Anderson (remember him!) is.

I signed Tiwi Daramola for my Queen's Park team and he was with me for 12 years, rising through the divisions with me and winning two Scottish Cups and a League Cup. His stats were terrible but his goal return from the wing was astonishing!

Disappointingly it's not Bo'ness United that he's signed for, would be quite happy to see the lad play at that level. It's Bo'ness United Juniors, the team that formed to take a spot in the East Region Juniors when the "big" BU joined the EoS. Looks to be pretty much a "waifs and strays" team made up of former Lowland/EoS reserves, youths and general  ex-junior/amatuers jobbers.

Found the tweet ....

Screenshot_20200701-131716.png

Edited by Christophe

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

It's still saying he's a Stenhousemuir FC player on our website!

I was hoping to see him finally get a decent run in the team this year.

Tiwi Daramola is contracted to Bo'ness United Junior according to the SFA player registration system.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

On 01/07/2020 at 12:31, Christophe said:

I thought Tiwi signed permanently with Boness United Juniors earlier in the year?

He did.

On 01/07/2020 at 12:57, Christophe said:

Bit of a disappointment if he's off to that level tbh, but in saying that don't think the ever really did the job at the BU seniors, Camelon or Oakley on his loans.

I wouldn’t say he lit up the EOS during his short spell at Real Bo’ness United, but you could see there was ability there. 
100% agree that it’s a bit of a disappointment to see him (or any other player capable of a higher level) drop down to playing in a glorified amateur league unless they’re seeing out their playing days.

On 01/07/2020 at 13:19, Christophe said:

Disappointingly it's not Bo'ness United that he's signed for, would be quite happy to see the lad play at that level. It's Bo'ness United Juniors, the team that formed to take a spot in the East Region Juniors when the "big" BU joined the EoS. Looks to be pretty much a "waifs and strays" team made up of former Lowland/EoS reserves, youths and general  ex-junior/amatuers jobbers.

Found the tweet ....

Screenshot_20200701-131716.png

Can only see it hindering his development as a player tbh. More than happy for him to prove me wrong obviously. All just depends how quick he realises or is bothered that he’s playing amateurs in disguise. Good chance he won’t be bothered if BU Juniors are able to pay him a wage equal to or more than he’d get playing a higher level though.

Edited by 8MileBU