Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

5 minutes ago, Ancient Warrior said:

I was thinking more of playing for a penalty shootout and hoping the opposition had a Jay Stein in their team.

You got us mate, you win this one. Stenny really went on to prosper from that and we languished! Jokes on us.

Oh dear it's all getting a bit petty. That trapdoor does concentrate the mind wonderfully, as we know from bitter experience. Your team looked physically imposing on Saturday and has some decent players, but also some rotten ones. You had a few players out as did we.It's going to be a bumpy ride and a lot will depend on what happens in the transfer window

If prospering is leaking 10 at Tynecastle then slumping to consecutive relegation play offs am glad we didn't flourish like you guys.
So you're glad you've stagnated in league two most of the time battling with dross like Berwick and Elgin while we were in the Championship? Sure we took the odd pumping including that embarrassment but I absolutely would not swap it for your experience over the same period.

Strange way to look at it but whatever makes you happy.

So you're glad you've stagnated in league two most of the time battling with dross like Berwick and Elgin while we were in the Championship? Sure we took the odd pumping including that embarrassment but I absolutely would not swap it for your experience over the same period.

Strange way to look at it but whatever makes you happy.

Best time I’ve had watching Cowden. Some great days which well outweighed the bad ones. Beating Dundee twice in a season and the playoff win at East End the highlights. Sorry to post this here. Couldn’t resist

7 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Aye, you are correct, the Lowland League is much more appealing.

Local derbies against the Shire, Stirling Uni and potentially Bo'ness for the Ochilview massive next season.

Pleasing.

Most most pleasing for Scottish footballs biggest irrelevance.

These things happen eh. I stopped letting my failure of a part time team ruin my saturdays a long time ago so getting pumped of east kilbride rather than annan doesn't really matter.

As long as the wee bar is open then I will be happy default_smile.png

The nonsense about potentially "not having a club" if you go to lowland league is exactly that, nonsense. Would just be a shitter club than it is now.