Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

The only reason Kieran Gibbons was still at the club was because he was somehow given a two-year contract last summer. When Colin McMenamin took charge of the team, he fell right down the pecking order, only featuring occasionally, and was even less likely to feature since Wullie Gibson signed on earlier in the month.

What was Gibbons good at? He couldn't tackle, was often reckless, couldn't be trusted, couldn't really pass the ball, wasn't disciplined enough to sit in front of the defence and wasn't much of a goal threat either. A nothing player. He did, however, set up Mark McGuigan's goal against Falkirk and for that alone I wish him well.

18 minutes ago, Ancient Warrior said:

Hopeless - a total waste of a loan.

I think it's a bit unfair to call him "hopeless" - there's a decent enough player in there somewhere, provided he's allowed to forgo all defensive duties and concentrate on linking play further up the park. He can pass the ball around well enough but that's about it. I don't think he's quite what we need at the moment and that's reflected in his demotion to the bench in recent weeks. Thomas Halleran is a far better option in the middle of the park.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I think it's a bit unfair to call him "hopeless" - there's a decent enough player in there somewhere, provided he's allowed to forgo all defensive duties and concentrate on linking play further up the park. He can pass the ball around well enough but that's about it. I don't think he's quite what we need at the moment and that's reflected in his demotion to the bench in recent weeks. Thomas Halleran is a far better option in the middle of the park.

Dykes can pass the ball around but usually passes it to the opposition.

We surely can't go down the road of appointing from within again. Balmer is part of the team that's got us into this mess so should be nowhere near it.

Stephen Swift is the name that immediately springs to mind for me. Done a cracking job at BSC Glasgow and for me has earned his stripes for a move. Kevin Harper is another name I would like what a job he's done at Albion Rovers but he may see that as a side way move at this stage of his career. Both would require some kind of compensation as well which may throw a spanner in the works.