Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Has not signed for anyone yet - has had talks with a couple of clubs including us and will speak to Alloa tonight apparently but allegedly we are still hopeful.
Is this for Robert Thompson?

2 hours ago, Moonglum25 said:

Has not signed for anyone yet - has had talks with a couple of clubs including us and will speak to Alloa tonight apparently but allegedly we are still hopeful.

He's not going to come to us if Alloa and Airdrie are in the mix. 

Disappointing. You had my heart set on it and worded it as though it just had to be announced not that he was still in negotiations with other teams.

Feel like I was guarenteed a brand new IPad for Christmas and I'm going to get one individual Power Ranger oot the cereal box instead.

Very disappointed in Moonglum. Done us like kippers there.

I shudder to think who we will end up with. It's looking more and more like we will end up with fodder like Stirling Albion.

Edited by Neilly

It was more the "to be announced in the next few days" that was the issue there which would signify it was a done deal.

I still prefer your manner in teasing us than the odious "media team" so keep up the good work.

My word. Three pretty underwhelming signings. As "the_bully_wee" mentioned on the previous page, why was Mark Ferry let go and Scott McLaughlin brought in? It's a like-for-like replacement (albeit McLaughlin will double up as a fitness coach). One slow clogger for another. He might actually play at left-back - this is where he played for Albion Rovers in 2017/18. I wonder how he'll fit into the dressing room.

I've never heard of Kyle Marley before - and the reports elsewhere in this thread don't fill me with confidence - but I imagine he'll be back up to Graeme Smith. Jamie McKernon, meanwhile, is a name I'm familiar with but couldn't really tell you much about him.

It's been a pretty mediocre summer so far - we mucked up the Harvey Swann transfer, missed out on a tonne of good players, and brought in this mob instead. I'm looking forward to seeing them in action and I wish them all the best for the season ahead, but it's all a bit uninspiring and doesn't scream that this is a side challenging for the title.

Spoke with a AR fan at work this week and he seriously fancies them for a top 3 place under Harper.  They were dreadful when we played them last year but Harper has apparently turned them round. Will be interesting to see.