Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

59 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Slightly concerned about the creativity and width in midfield, then I had a look around the other squads. My god, some of the teams are almost entirely made of utter dross. Made me feel significantly better about our squad

The lack of width is a concern and I'd like to think the manager is still doing his best to bring in some wing-backs, regardless of how the rest of the division is shaping up.

Slightly concerned about the creativity and width in midfield, then I had a look around the other squads. My god, some of the teams are almost entirely made of utter dross. Made me feel significantly better about our squad

Paton played tonight. He is a tidy player.

We were playing a team of croquet players I think there wasn't a football player amongst them.

I don't know who we had on trial it was mainly a young team with 2 or 3 senior players. Paton looked a class above but let's see how he fairs against real opposition no one can be really judged against that mob.

Stenhousemuir absolutely bodied Real Kashmir earlier this afternoon, beating them 6-0 at Ochilview. The Warriors strolled through the match - they must have had about 80 per cent of the possession and they looked like scoring every time they crossed the halfway line.

Fair play to Real Kashmir but they're probably the worst side I've ever seen us face, even including non-league jobbers that pop up from time to time in the Scottish Cup. We were fitter, stronger and faster then them from the off and they couldn't deal with the overload in the box and the endless overlaps from Ross Meechan and Ruaridh Donaldson. On the rare occasions they did have the ball, their passing was wayward and their decision making poor.

It would be wrong to go into any great in-depth analysis given the paucity of the opposition but there were a couple of players who stood out. Meechan was tremendous at right-back and galloped up and down the flank all afternoon. Mark Ferry sprayed some nice long passes about, Harry Paton looks like he could be a gem in the middle of the park, and Jimmy Scott showed some clever touches. Jamie Longworth's link-up play was excellent and Mark McGuigan took his hat-trick well.

Far sterner tests await, starting with Queen of the South next weekend, but that was decent fun.

On another note, Ross Meechan was the only player from last season in today's squad. Felt weird watching this brand-new group of players working together. It'll take a wee bit of getting used to.

"Interesting tannoy announcement, after reading the teams out, the man on the mic said “If you think Stenhousemuir can kick Real Kashmir’s ass, give me a hell yeah!” There were no replies. "

Please not another season of this nonsense.

"Interesting tannoy announcement, after reading the teams out, the man on the mic said “If you think Stenhousemuir can kick Real Kashmir’s ass, give me a hell yeah!” There were no replies. "

Good thing I'm moving away

5 hours ago, Hard Graft said:

Stone Cold doing your match day announcing?

15 minutes ago, Moonglum25 said:

The music is okay but the patter before is utter crap and given our results over the last few seasons perhaps not the best thing to be shouting.

eca13411ececa48e1c2445040d7f5118.jpg