Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Other than Marc McKenzie and Andy Stirling, all of them played under Martyn Corrigan during his 18-month run as manager.

Bryan Hodge will be a smashing signing. I'm not sure how well he did at Forfar Athletic last year (not very well, probably) but he was a class act for us. Always loved his wee scoop slide tackles and the way he'd do a 360-degree pivot to turn away from bother.

Heard from 2 different sources today that we may still have bad financial problems. Don't know how true this is but it came from inside the club.

Pointless putting this on our own web as we get told nothing anyway.

I hear what you're saying and yes, the lack of updates on the official site can be pretty frustrating, but you seem to get pent up, on this forum and the Stenhousemuir board, because the club don't respond to every rumour or piece of gossip you've heard. I remember you were unhappy earlier in the season because the club didn't clarify a rumour we'd signed Chris McCluskey to cover in goal!

Just take a step back and accept this is the way it is.

okay just accept that the club may be in trouble again. Let's all sit back and see what happens.

yes the lack of information coming out of the club concerns me. Is it too much to even be given basic team information. Someone has time to put up that they are looking for shareholders or when we are having a family day etc. To me these are not as important as the teams news.

"Just accept it as the way it is" okay our support is dwindling but that's the way it is.

Edited by Moonglum25

okay just accept that the club may be in trouble again. Let's all sit back and see what happens.

yes the lack of information coming out of the club concerns me. Is it too much to even be given basic team information. Someone has time to put up that they are looking for shareholders or when we are having a family day etc. To me these are not as important as the teams news.

"Just accept it as the way it is" okay our support is dwindling but that's the way it is.

You've missed my point - the club shouldn't have to respond to rumours and gossip whenever you click your fingers, they should just deal in hard facts. If indeed the club's in trouble - and I've heard on the contrary - then I'm sure they'll address it. All your posts, both on here and the SFC forum, seem to be exclusively complaints and petty grievances.

I don't think the support is dwindling because a club office has failed to post whether or not Alan Cook is suspended.

If they don't raise finance then we won't have a team to get any news on.

The club are constantly looking for volunteers to help out with things as too many of the support do just "sit back and see what happens".

If they don't raise finance then we won't have a team to get any news on.

The club are constantly looking for volunteers to help out with things as too many of the support do just "sit back and see what happens".

I think old Moonglum was being sarcastic but, to be fair, some people just want to go along and watch their team on a Saturday without having to chip in with the running of the club. I don't think there's anything wrong with that at all.

No news of players in or out on our "official" site but according to the Falkirk Herald we have the following news:

Staying for next season

Ross Meechan

Kieran Miller

Liam McCroary

Mark Gilhaney

Jamie McCormack

Ciaran Summerts

Released

Jon Robertson

Marenghi

Jason Scotland

Jamie Barclay

McCabe - returned to Celtic.

No surprises there really although I would have let Gilhaney go and would have kept Robertson.

No news of players in or out on our "official" site but according to the Falkirk Herald we have the following news:

Released

Jon Robertson

Marenghi

Jason Scotland

Jamie Barclay

McCabe - returned to Celtic.

So which one(s) can we expect to sign for next season????

So which one(s) can we expect to sign for next season????

Probably Roberttson - I would have kept him. I would also have taken Hodges back in a minute. Hodges with his skill and distribution and Miller with his aggression and skill at breaking up opponents play.

Very disappointing we've had to let the Falkirk Herald update us on player movements but I'm sorry to see Jon Robertson move on. Not sure what the motivations are here or whether or not he wanted to leave but he would have been someone I would have kept, 100 per cent.

Very disappointing we've had to let the Falkirk Herald update us on player movements but I'm sorry to see Jon Robertson move on. Not sure what the motivations are here or whether or not he wanted to leave but he would have been someone I would have kept, 100 per cent.

His dad told me he simply wasn't offered another contract. Think he is now disillusioned with football.

I think everyone would have kept Robbo apart from the coaching staff it seems.

Only time will tell if we have someone better signing up but I doubt we can do much better with the budget available.

Here's the update on the club's website - CLICK.

Not sure what to make of the list of released players, to be honest. Half of them I can understand - Jason Scotland was always going to be leaving to return to Trinidad at the end of the season, Jamie Barclay had a horrible year for us, and Anthony Marenghi barely kicked a ball - but I can't agree with getting rid of Jon Robertson at all, he had a lot to offer us, and Euan Murray was decent enough and would have made a handy squad player for next year. Brown Ferguson must have a couple of centre-backs lined up if this is the case.

I'm happy Ciaran Summers and Mark Gilhaney (and Laim McCroary) have agreed new deals, they looked decent at times over the season and I expect them to kick on, to borrow terrible footballer patter.

This means everyone else will have been offered terms for next season. I'm surprised Stuart Malcolm wasn't on the released list but I'd be content if he's taking on a reduced role that focuses on coaching (and not playing). Everyone seems to think very highly of him so if he's a good guy to have around the place, then so be it. I'm fine with everyone else staying on, despite the team's tendency to capitulate, there's a decent core in there.

Bring in five or six new faces - a goalie, two centre-backs, a midfielder and a couple of strikers - and there's hope for the future.

Still annoyed about Jon Robertson though, that sucks.

Was Murray a good defender? He had a brief stint at us last season but was only used up front.

Could be worth another go as I can only see one of our current centre backs still being at the club/playing regularly next season.