Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

We've signed Ryan Watters, a 20-year-old forward who was previously on the books of Albion Rovers.

Quite what a two-goal striker who played his part in one of the worst senior sides in living memory can bring to us remains to be seen, but I do wish him well.

Son of the legendary Willie, played against Stenny in the cup tie at the start of the season. Thats the only time I've seen him play and I wasnt that impressed.

Edited by drs

4 hours ago, Moonglum25 said:

Great result - expected us to lose a shedload but fair credit to the team.  Can we now repeat these performances in the League please.

Result will also be good from a finance point of view. Should be a full house for the replay. Well done boys

Well done on that result but as we visit you next week , can you stay distracted by the prospect of playing another team in red/white?  No one knows how this league is going apart from Arbroath. I might seriously think about going to that replay as I had a soft spot for Aberdeen in the Gothenburg times. Will we be kept out of the stand on Saturday? 

59 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I know he wasn’t with you long, but how was Andrew Dallas for you?

Andrew Dallas was alright at Stenhousemuir. He was tremendous in his first match and scored twice against Edinburgh City but he really struggled the following week against Montrose when he came up against Sean Dillon. He's clearly a talented player and someone who could have a decent career but he seemed a bit overawed by the physicality of League 2 - a very clear example of the gulf between academy football and the real stuff.

We were keen to get him back on loan for this season but it didn't materialise. I wish him well and hope he does a turn for Greenock Morton.

Unless he has improved dramatically I think he will struggle in the Championship. He did not exactly stand out in a poor division last year. Looks a natural finisher to me but not really much else in his game that stood out that made him a bit special above other players.

So Vaughan is away. He was hopeless. What was Bomber thinking? And he have replaced him with a player from Albion Rovers, who has a problem with his registration (thankfully?). What is Colin thinking?

Looks like we are pinning our hopes on Andy Munro keeping us up.

But it’s all Ok cos we beat Falkirk and drew with Aberdeen.