Francesc Fabregas

Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2019/20 Thread

On 23/03/2020 at 10:30, beaver1 said:

The club can easily accept donations into their bank account. I am hoping that if they publish the account details then this will make it simpler, and I hope will mean more people are likely to donate.

Well done Stenny. Fundraising must be going well.

seen Spency driving about Inverkeithing in a nice new motor yesterday. 😂

21 hours ago, Vimto90 said:

Good on Davie Irons & Goldie.

Great gesture.

Every little bit helps - as you said great gesture.

On 22/03/2020 at 09:15, Moonglum25 said:

Congratulations to the board for everything they are doing at this time.  Showing we are a true Community Club. 

Hope our efforts are repaid by the community  when football restarts in terms of crowd attendance. Would be nice if some the club have helped come along to our games.

At times when clubs and boards are  critisised our board should be applauded for their efforts.

Next step would be setting up a bank account where supporters can make a donation to help keep the club going.

The "fire your Saturday matchday money to the club" option has been refined....see below.

It's Saturday lads, let's go fucking mental at the virtual wee bar and pie hut!  

Screenshot_20200328-121655.png

Good point. Already got the main muck out the league such as east stirling etc so a shut league for a couple of seasons would be fine.

Good point. Already got the main muck out the league such as east stirling etc so a shut league for a couple of seasons would be fine.
It would only be delaying the inevitable.

It will be glorious when it finally comes knocking on your door.

1 hour ago, selfassemblyshire said:

It would only be delaying the inevitable.

It will be glorious when it finally comes knocking on your door.

I suppose the thought of us coming down so your big derby isn't held in a theme park must be pretty exciting. 

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know Stenhousemuir are now live and accepting donations on Donate a Ticket.

If you haven't seen the site before, I set it up last week as a project to keep me busy while my work has quietened down. It's a fundraising platform for fans to donate the value of a match ticket to their club for each of the remaining fixtures. There's a leaderboard for clubs to compete against each other, hopefully encouraging more donations and raising more for each club.

It's  non-profit, free for all clubs and I don't take any commission from any donations. The transaction fees are also less than JustGiving and GoFundMe.

Stenhousemuir have just promoted it on Twitter if you want proof of authenticity, so far £79 been donated.

Now that the season is over will we still be naming a POTY?  If so my vote would be for Scott McLaughlan - not really fancied when he arrived but gave his all in every game and was one of our more consistent players over a disappointing season.

Difficult position for the manager at this time as well. Who does he consider releasing and signing not knowing if or when the next season will start and what the format will be.

Very uncertain times at the moment but I will still be purchasing my season ticket despite what may happen next season.

Aye happy to pay my season as well. Looks like a long time before we are back at Ochilview though. Bizarrely if I look at the crowd when I started supporting in the 80’s social distancing would not have been an issue. I’m thinking Davie Irons is not going to get much of a transfer pot.

Scott McLaughlin has announced he is leaving the club on Twitter. It appears to be of his own volition, as he says hasn't spoken with the manager.

I'm quite sorry to see him go, he was our best player last term (although it's a fairly low bar) and featured in almost every minute of every game.

I wonder who else will move on. There's no-one I'd be particularly keen on keeping, to be honest. Andy Munro has signed on for next season and I'd like to keep Mark McGuigan (although it's obvious Davie Irons doesn't fancy him). Other than that, it's been a pretty rubbish year all in.

I'm sure Mark McGuigan and Greig Spence are both signed up for the season ahead. Could be wrong though.

Yes sorry to see Scott go, most consistent by far. Don’t envy the Manager for the season ahead, budget uncertain, squad needs some major surgery, league start uncertain, training difficult, it is what it is but tough way to have to plan for the future.