Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Some vintage Ironsball on display there. With a targetman like McGuigan up front and that set piece delivery I'd expect Stenny to make a real challenge for promotion now. 

That might involve finishing above Cowdenbeath. 'What a load of s—-e'

In all seriousness, I haven't celebrated a goal or win like that in a good while, probably since Pittodrie. Found myself running down the stairs like a kid tonight in my goal celebration!

We're starting to see relatively (for the level) controlled possession football with nice combos. After the disappointment of the last year this is welcomed relief.

That might involve finishing above Cowdenbeath. 'What a load of s—-e'

In all seriousness, I haven't celebrated a goal or win like that in a good while, probably since Pittodrie. Found myself running down the stairs like a kid tonight in my goal celebration!

We're starting to see relatively (for the level) controlled possession football with nice combos. After the disappointment of the last year this is welcomed relief.
Watched it on Alba good game so it was.Willie Gibson rightly MOTM had a really good game,good signing for you lot.

What a cold wet night at Stennie tonight. Well worth the effort to get out the house and along, beats watching England. Stennie look much more organised and well drilled under Irons. Think we will see them quickly moving up the league with that squad. Exciting cup game for a Friday night 

That was great fun. The difference Davie Irons has had on this group of players is incredible - since he's come in, we've won three of our four matches, including defeating league leaders Cove Rangers and tonight's rollercoaster showing. The last two games have been superb to watch.

I thought we deserved the victory tonight. We defended well for the best part and gave Waterford plenty to think about in attack. Wullie Gibson was excellent - what a signing he's been! - but David Hopkirk and Scott McLaughlin had good games too (his free-kick was sensational). The workrate on show was commendable and everyone put in a superb graft for the cause. Mark McGuigan's winning goal was the perfect example of this - he had a subdued match but was on hand to poke home the winner after the rubbish goalkeeper spilled Ryan Watters' shot.

Best of all was the atmosphere inside Ochilview tonight. The place had a real buzz to it, a real low hum of energy, and it was noisy and exciting to be a part of. Say what you like about the Challenge Cup and its current incarnation but I really enjoyed that. It was something different, and the Waterford fans I spoke to seemed to genuinely relish playing in the cup (even if their management and players don't).

I think we can win it.

Well done Stenny! Waterford are a decent team as well but Stenny were fantastic, very entertaining game! 

My son and all his pals all went to the game, 5 quid a head which is decent enough. Definitely got their moneys worth! 

Hope we get you boys away in the next round (providing we can take care of Arbroath 🙈

Good luck for the rest of the season. Reckon Irons will do well for you boys 👍

PS had no idea McLaughlin was playing for you lot, not exactly highly rated in his time at Clyde and God knows how many times he tried that free kick and failed and yet in front of the cameras executed one a belter 😂

9 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Well done Stenny! Waterford are a decent team as well but Stenny were fantastic, very entertaining game! 

My son and all his pals all went to the game, 5 quid a head which is decent enough. Definitely got their moneys worth! 

Hope we get you boys away in the next round (providing we can take care of Arbroath 🙈

Good luck for the rest of the season. Reckon Irons will do well for you boys 👍

PS had no idea McLaughlin was playing for you lot, not exactly highly rated in his time at Clyde and God knows how many times he tried that free kick and failed and yet in front of the cameras executed one a belter 😂

Well done Stenny.

Just back from Spain where they decided to show the England game and not this one in the bars!!!!  Great result for the Warriors and what an impact Davy Irons and Willie Gibson have had on the team. Rotten night for playing a game but I bet the excitment meant no one noticed the weather.

22 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:
On 12/10/2019 at 19:33, GNU_Linux said:
Brown Ferguson's been given the job at Linlithgow Rose

Who was his assistant when he was with the warriors?

Davie Irons at first then Jim Paterson. 

Who's all heading along to Penicuik on Saturday?

I can't say I know much about them but it would be hugely embarrassing if we didn't progress to the third round. By all accounts, they're not a great side so we should be looking to win comfortably - if we score an early goal I'd fancy us to put four or five past them. I'd be inclined to keep the same team that beat Waterford last Friday but I wouldn't mind seeing Kieran Anderson getting a start here.

Even although I'm fairly confident going into this match, I can still remember aberrations against Preston Athletic and Threave Rovers. Two black days, the trip to Prestonpans especially.

I can't say I know much about them but it would be hugely embarrassing if we didn't progress to the third round. By all accounts, they're not a great side so we should be looking to win comfortably - if we score an early goal I'd fancy us to put four or five past them. I'd be inclined to keep the same team that beat Waterford last Friday but I wouldn't mind seeing Kieran Anderson getting a start here.
Even although I'm fairly confident going into this match, I can still remember aberrations against Preston Athletic and Threave Rovers. Two black days, the trip to Prestonpans especially.

The Preston Athletic and Threave games were some of my all time lows watching us. Our team at the time was dreadful though so I'm quite confident we should win this one. An aggressive, high tempo start is what's needed. I'd start with the same team v Waterford and make all 3 changes if/when we're a couple of goals to the good.

I got my ticket shortly after they went on sale so i'll be there. I wonder what the attendance will be as making it all ticket (with PATG available when it inevitably doesn't sell out) seemed a bit silly

3 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Francesc I would imagine Stenhousemuir should expect to win the game although Penicuick will definitely make a game of it.

Normally a big physical team good at set plays that will battle for 90 minutes.

The park is ok with two covered areas if it's raining and you stand about a foot away from the park where normally a large support give the opposing team and officials pelters.

Parking is at a premium so most should head through early a couple of decent pubs on the main Street that also sell food and are only a minute or two walk to the ground.

It's a game I would imagine you will want to score early or it could be a tricky tie.

1 minute ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Lovely stuff, I'm planning on taking the car through so I'll be sure to be there in plenty of time.

Park on the main Street Francesc in front of the ground if your early enough.

Entrance to the ground just at the corner up a small lane, quick exit to miss any traffic after the game also.

I've watched highlights of their recent games and they are horse manure. No excuses if our attitude is correct we will give them an absolute pasting.

Looking forward to the football once more and it's no longer a chore.

Will there be segregation in place or are we in amongst the local gargoyles?

I've watched highlights of their recent games and they are horse manure. No excuses if our attitude is correct we will give them an absolute pasting.
Looking forward to the football once more and it's no longer a chore.
Will there be segregation in place or are we in amongst the local gargoyles?

The feeling of wanting to be there rather than going every week out of blind loyalty is definitely back. Might revise that in the event of a defeat!

I don't think there's any segregation

Parking arrangements will be posted on our Social Media tonight hopefully for those travelling by car.

Looking forward to welcoming you all to Penicuik Park, our recent form hasn’t been the best but we won 5-1 away from home in the first round so we mustn’t be that - em, ‘horse manure’ - will be a good game!

There is no segregation.