Francesc Fabregas

Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2019/20 Thread

Beat Formartine Utd 4-1 in a closed door game today.

I only seen second half. It was 1-0 warriors at HT. Kieran Anderson (remember him) scoring. He has bulked up a lot and is now an out and out striker. He looked decent for the 10-15 mins I seen him.

We looked good but the opposition were not great. Marky Munro looked good in centre mid. Cook was left back and did ok and mclaughlin was centre half and strolled it.

New boy Liam Scullion is absolutely rapid, should do a good job in league 2.

Hopkirk scored the second and it was an absolute peach. Killed ball dead from quite a height, lobbed the goalie from just inside the 18 yard box. Watters and Tiwi Daramola completed the scoring with nice finishes after pouncing on defensive mistakes.

McGuigan didn't look too sharp was a slight concern but still pre season. Also not sure if Big Munro got a niggle, looked like it and was subbed at HT. Fingers crossed not.

Have we signed Kieran Anderson again? Or was he playing as a trialist? 

I'm not 100% sure but he was getting his picture taken in the centre circle before second half kick off for some reason.

Have we signed Kieran Anderson again? Or was he playing as a trialist? 
Trialist.

Picture taken for programme incase he signs, I think

Camelon are due vouchers for the canteen at the Mariner Centre as part of his release clause.

I hope the club have done their due diligence on this one and we are not left with egg on our face again.

Trialist.

Picture taken for programme incase he signs, I think
You putting highlights up. Would like to see that hoppy goal again.

You putting highlights up. Would like to see that hoppy goal again.
Nothing going out from this game as it was closed doors.

Highlights back on Wednesday

Kieran Anderson would be an interesting signing given the clamour surrounding him a couple of months ago - I'm sure I read Hamilton Academical and Falkirk had taken a look at him earlier in the summer.

The only downside to him joining the club would be dealing with his idiot father online again.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

Kieran Anderson would be an interesting signing given the clamour surrounding him a couple of months ago - I'm sure I read Hamilton Academical and Falkirk had taken a look at him earlier in the summer.
The only downside to him joining the club would be dealing with his idiot father online again.
The problem with fathers, see their laddie scoring goals for fun in u16s and think they are superstars.

Heard today we are in for the young centre back Smith at Brechin as backup for Marsh and Munro.

Heard today we are in for the young centre back Smith at Brechin as backup for Marsh and Munro.

Hands aff, an accomplished display from him today.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Yes I think Rice has had him in training with Accies this summer, obviously wasn’t offered a deal but seems to be highly thought of. 40-odd goals in all competitions for the Mariners last term. 

I don’t remember Kieran Anderson at all but he sounds promising. Cook at left back sounds unorthodox though, unless we played with a back three?

No it was a 4. Just trying it out I assume incase of injuries etc doubt we will ever see him there. He looked comfy enough though.

I'm sure Alan Cook has filled in a left-back at various points during his time at the club. Given we've got Aidan McIlduff and Marky Munro who can play there, I doubt we'll see him playing there much if at all this season!

Think he played there so he could get game time after coming back from injury whilst Luke played on the left wing

You can try things when playing against the blind school in friendlies. Cook won't be seen as a left back for the rest of the season.

You're welcome.

Anderson would be a good signing. I’ve heard good things and he has certainly bulked up. For once a (potential) signing who is actually on the way up in their career.