Francesc Fabregas

Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2019/20 Thread

25 minutes ago, Woobydoo said:

Thomson signed for Airdrie according to courrier

25 minutes ago, Woobydoo said:

Thomson signed for Airdrie according to courrier

No word from our end,  a signing which would no doubt improve our attacking options ,  I believe he was doing pre season at Airdrie on saturday.

Stenny seem confident of landing there man though...

Had noticed he was training at Airdrie at the weekend.

This will be rather unfortunate. Just took my "Swann 3" top to RJM at lunch time to get "Thomson 10" oan the back.

Been a costly transfer window so far.

Has not signed for anyone yet - has had talks with a couple of clubs including us and will speak to Alloa tonight apparently but allegedly we are still hopeful.

Has not signed for anyone yet - has had talks with a couple of clubs including us and will speak to Alloa tonight apparently but allegedly we are still hopeful.
Is this for Robert Thompson?

2 hours ago, Moonglum25 said:

He's not going to come to us if Alloa and Airdrie are in the mix. 

Disappointing. You had my heart set on it and worded it as though it just had to be announced not that he was still in negotiations with other teams.

Feel like I was guarenteed a brand new IPad for Christmas and I'm going to get one individual Power Ranger oot the cereal box instead.

We might need the Power Ranger to start up front against EK the rate we’re adding to the squad just now

Very disappointed in Moonglum. Done us like kippers there.

I shudder to think who we will end up with. It's looking more and more like we will end up with fodder like Stirling Albion.

Edited by Neilly

Got it on good authority that we were in with a good shout. Easier not to put up any news if you think it is trolling.

It was more the "to be announced in the next few days" that was the issue there which would signify it was a done deal.

I still prefer your manner in teasing us than the odious "media team" so keep up the good work.

Seen 3 signings with a buzz and couldn't feel more empty after the reveal.

This must be how Stirling Albion fans feel.

4 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Kyle Marley :lol:

Glad to see Scott McLaughlin is a 2 footed midfielder wouldn't have been much use with one missing😃

Kyle Marley is a dreadful keeper. Astonished he has got a move like this.

My word. Three pretty underwhelming signings. As "the_bully_wee" mentioned on the previous page, why was Mark Ferry let go and Scott McLaughlin brought in? It's a like-for-like replacement (albeit McLaughlin will double up as a fitness coach). One slow clogger for another. He might actually play at left-back - this is where he played for Albion Rovers in 2017/18. I wonder how he'll fit into the dressing room.

I've never heard of Kyle Marley before - and the reports elsewhere in this thread don't fill me with confidence - but I imagine he'll be back up to Graeme Smith. Jamie McKernon, meanwhile, is a name I'm familiar with but couldn't really tell you much about him.

It's been a pretty mediocre summer so far - we mucked up the Harvey Swann transfer, missed out on a tonne of good players, and brought in this mob instead. I'm looking forward to seeing them in action and I wish them all the best for the season ahead, but it's all a bit uninspiring and doesn't scream that this is a side challenging for the title.

Kyle Marley did ok for Kelty, came into the team at end of 15/16 season when Kyle Allison was injured and was pretty much first choice in the 2016/17 league winning season. Manager brought in Scott Christie as first choice keeper at the start of 17/18 season so Kyle decided to move on. He isn't dreadful as Fuzzy Bear seems to imply but I don't think he will be anything more than a back up keeper even at league 2 level. Seemed to be a decent guy as well anytime I spoke to him, wish him well anyway.

Edited by gogsy

I like ‘Gogsy’s’ tail between legs second attempt at comment on Kyle Marley after no one took the hook on his awful “Kyle Marley *laughingface*” schtick earlier...nice try ‘Gogsy’!