Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

As much as I'm desperate for the excitement of bringing in players, I'm glad we've not Stirling Albioned it and assembled (quickly) the most bland side in League 2 history.

We shall at the end of the season whether we are the most bland side in League 2 history.

We shall at the end of the season whether we are the most bland side in League 2 history.

Bland doesn't mean bad. This league is poor and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Stirling finished in the playoffs.

When signing between 6-10 players each season as most lower league clubs do, you're going to get your generic uninspiring jobbers but there's usually 2 or 3 that make you think 'how did we manage to sign them?!' and that make other team's fans a bit jealous. For example, Barr for Cowdenbeath, McCord for Brechin etc.

None of the players Stirling have signed fall into that category. They all seem decent players but there are no stand outs. Maybe there are some yet to come but you seem to have a near full squad.

It's entirely possible we'll make no such signings (though I'd argue O'Neil is a decent League 1 player and is well above this level) but at least with approx 6 new signings to come, at least there is a hope of some good uns.

I was wondering who would take up the mantle of ‘most precious fans in League 2’ now that Clyde are gone but it looks like Stirling are really making it their own.

It’s quite cute seeing you and Neilly trying to get a rivalry going but getting little response [emoji23]

Time will tell how good our recruitment has been. We should be much better defensively. Hopefully Hawke and Peters can bring goals to the side.

1 hour ago, dave_binos said:

It’s quite cute seeing you and Neilly trying to get a rivalry going but getting little response emoji23.png

Time will tell how good our recruitment has been. We should be much better defensively. Hopefully Hawke and Peters can bring goals to the side.

It's just an observation there is really no need to be so precious about it.

15 minutes ago, Neilly said:

My fantasy booking would be Robert Thomson and Jamie McKernon.

My nightmare booking would be Scott McLaughlin and Alan Gow.

Well Mckernon has started following a bunch of Stenny players on twitter alongside the official twitter account so most likely will be him I’d imagine 

I had heard earlier this week we were in for him just didn't think he would drop to this level.

I don't even think it would be biased to suggest we will start the season with the two best strikers in the league in this case.

That would be a very good signing for this level, not a great goal scorer but when you already have one in your team that doesn’t matter. Not quite as exciting as signing duds from Annan, Elgin and Queens Park mind you. 

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

That would be a very good signing for this level, not a great goal scorer but when you already have one in your team that doesn’t matter. Not quite as exciting as signing duds from Annan, Elgin and Queens Park mind you. 

Thomson signed for Airdrie according to courrier

25 minutes ago, Woobydoo said:

25 minutes ago, Woobydoo said:

No word from our end,  a signing which would no doubt improve our attacking options ,  I believe he was doing pre season at Airdrie on saturday.

Stenny seem confident of landing there man though...

Had noticed he was training at Airdrie at the weekend.

This will be rather unfortunate. Just took my "Swann 3" top to RJM at lunch time to get "Thomson 10" oan the back.

Been a costly transfer window so far.