Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

I hope you lot can do the business against Annan over two legs - an utterly disgusting side to play against and the team I fear most of Clyde's three play-off rivals. They are extremely physical, bordering on dirty, and play very direct football - they do, though, have a wee bit of magic about them in Chris Johnston, who has been one of the best players in League Two this season. You'll be no soft touches yourselves, but you can all expect to witness a pair of tight, bruising battles within the next week and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Annan manage to fudge their way into the final.

47 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

I hope you lot can do the business against Annan over two legs - an utterly disgusting side to play against and the team I fear most of Clyde's three play-off rivals. They are extremely physical, bordering on dirty, and play very direct football - they do, though, have a wee bit of magic about them in Chris Johnston, who has been one of the best players in League Two this season. You'll be no soft touches yourselves, but you can all expect to witness a pair of tight, bruising battles within the next week and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Annan manage to fudge their way into the final.

Don’t get excited about the other semi final champ. We will despatch each of you tinpot league contenders in turn. Better luck next season 

7 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

With respect you know little about our team. Anything Annan have physically we will match and then some. We are a big, physical mob ourselves who will grind teams down.

Diet Carlisle will be dispatched without breaking sweat.

4 hours ago, Neilly said:

With respect you know little about our team. Anything Annan have physically we will match and then some. We are a big, physical mob ourselves who will grind teams down.

Lol your big physical team are fighting relegation for a reason we are looking for promotion your diet Carlisle jibe proves you lot think Scotland stops at hamilton 

cant wait by the way your manager learned his trade at Annan 

8 hours ago, Neilly said:

Your team isn't too dissimilar to last season's overall and, although it's clearly no collection of pansies, this Nanna side is a different prospect altogether. Bodying players into the pitch-surround walls down at Galabank, etc. is par for the course and they absolutely love playing for set pieces and long throws. I'd be very surprised if immense sweat wasn't broken by both sides and, although they might not be the prettiest of games, the two ties should make for great watching. 

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

tenor (1).gif

You'd probably have to see it to believe it, but the wee man has been brilliant for Annan this year and been one of the best players on the park in each of our meetings. Was he not pretty highly-rated when he was a young lad with Kilmarnock? As I understand it, injuries set him back quite a lot as he progressively slid down the leagues. He didn't do much when with Peterhead at the end of last season, but then Peter Murphy isn't a complete fraud of a manager like Jim McInally is. Annan will be doing very well to keep a hold of him, and Dumbarton could do a lot worse than signing him themselves. 

1 hour ago, the_bully_wee said:

Your team isn't too dissimilar to last season's overall

In the current starting team there is 3 players that were starters last season (McGuigan, Donaldson, Ferry) playing in a different formation to last year. So nothing like last season's team.

Come back when you know your onions. Annan finished 4th in the basement league let's not give them on aura of Stoke away on a cold Tuesday night. If we get beat then so be it but don't come on to my thread and start running your mouth when you have no knowledge of our side.

19 minutes ago, Neilly said:

In the current starting team there is 3 players that were starters last season (McGuigan, Donaldson, Ferry) playing in a different formation to last year. So nothing like last season's team.

Come back when you know your onions. Annan finished 4th in the basement league let's not give them on aura of Stoke away on a cold Tuesday night. If we get beat then so be it but don't come on to my thread and start running your mouth when you have no knowledge of our side.

Fair enough. Having seen plenty of the likes of Reid, Marsh, Munro and Hurst over the last few years, and having watched your recent game vs Airdrie, I'm merely offering my thoughts and a cautious warning to boot. Although you're obviously a WUM of some renown, I would advise against any Stenny fan - for all their battling form of late - adopting a churlish or dismissive attitude towards Annan based on them finishing fourth alone. They've issued pretty consummate bodyings to both Edinburgh and Peterhead this season and, since mid-January, have only lost to the latter and Clyde (both away from home). I wouldn't be at all surprised if they fudged their way into League One next season.

ETA: Out of curiosity, what formation is it you've primarily used this year? You obviously switched between a back three and four last season and I was (perhaps falsely) under the impression it had been similar this year, particularly recently.

Edited by the_bully_wee

I'm not here for serious conversation.

I appreciate your cautious warning of a part time football team who finished 4th in the 10 team basement division but it's the play offs where anything can happen between four part time teams who are much of a muchness. No outcome should be surprising  and if anyone is going into this remotely worried about the other teams then I just find that strange.

2 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

You'd probably have to see it to believe it, but the wee man has been brilliant for Annan this year and been one of the best players on the park in each of our meetings. Was he not pretty highly-rated when he was a young lad with Kilmarnock? As I understand it, injuries set him back quite a lot as he progressively slid down the leagues. He didn't do much when with Peterhead at the end of last season, but then Peter Murphy isn't a complete fraud of a manager like Jim McInally is. Annan will be doing very well to keep a hold of him, and Dumbarton could do a lot worse than signing him themselves. 

Been there, done that.

On 05/05/2019 at 16:40, Neilly said:

I'm not here for serious conversation.

I appreciate your cautious warning of a part time football team who finished 4th in the 10 team basement division but it's the play offs where anything can happen between four part time teams who are much of a muchness. No outcome should be surprising  and if anyone is going into this remotely worried about the other teams then I just find that strange.

Unfortunately, I can't put it as politely as the_bully_wee. Annan will absolutely destroy Stenny on their own turf this evening and much like our game come Saturday, the tie will be over after the first leg. It's little wonder the bookies are pricing it up as they are, Annan are absolutely streets ahead in every department. A post like the above can try cover every outcome all it wants, but there's only one here. 

14 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Unfortunately, I can't put it as politely as the_bully_wee. Annan will absolutely destroy Stenny on their own turf this evening and much like our game come Saturday, the tie will be over after the first leg. It's little wonder the bookies are pricing it up as they are, Annan are absolutely streets ahead in every department. A post like the above can try cover every outcome all it wants, but there's only one here. 

You're basing this on?

Sarcasm detector required for yourself.
I don't know what is sarcastic about it as the bookies have them as clear favourite for tonight, which at the end of the day means nothing