Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Everyone seems to be making decent signings though, going to be an incredibly tight league, can't see any team similar to Stirling taking up the roll of cannon fodder.

I generally agree with you. We recognise that the players we've signed largely range from average to a bit above average for the league. However, given the board have been brutally honest about our wage bill being cut (approx 20% I think) then it's encouraging for us that we appear to be putting together a better squad with less money.

We've posted a profit for the last few years and the budget has remained roughly the same over that time. The figures released at the AGM later this year will show a relatively speaking, sizeable loss which is why we're already taking action

Andy Barrowman running along Stirling Road there.

Clocked him as well, but wasn't sure if he lived locally or there was more to it than that. Going by posts on here, he was horrendous for both Morton & Dunfermline last season.

Allan Smith from Dungvermin. Always struck me as a fox in the box type player should be a decent acquisition - young and hungry guy looking to prove a point.

Will learn all the tricks of the trade off the Auld Heid.

He was the catalyst in the comeback that made me as low as I have ever felt at a football match.

Stenhousemuir 4-5 Dunfermline. Smith amongst the scorers late on.

Still seek to the pit of my stomach wi that game!

He was the catalyst in the comeback that made me as low as I have ever felt at a football match.

Stenhousemuir 4-5 Dunfermline. Smith amongst the scorers late on.

Still seek to the pit of my stomach wi that game!

Christ, that was a rotten afternoon. Still makes me feel nauseous.

Don't know a lot about him but seven goals in 21 appearances last term is decent. Another striker and I reckon we'll be sorted up top.

Just posted about him on the Pars thread - fox in the box is his true position. Naturally we played him as a sort of winger/fox not in the box.

He played rugby until not long ago too - played in a u19s final at Murrayfield and at Hampden for us in u20s cup final. I always think you can see the rugby influence when he's charging about in the box - tough wee character. Strikes the ball crisply - should bag you a few goals if he stays fit and healthy and used in a role that suits him.

All the best to Allan. Scored a good amount of goals for us, some vital ones too including the one mentioned above vs yourselves in the 4-5 game. I think he will link up well with McMenamin. A good squad you guys have put together so far, 4 more tough games await this season.

Just posted about him on the Pars thread - fox in the box is his true position. Naturally we played him as a sort of winger/fox not in the box. He played rugby until not long ago too - played in a u19s final at Murrayfield and at Hampden for us in u20s cup final. I always think you can see the rugby influence when he's charging about in the box - tough wee character. Strikes the ball crisply - should bag you a few goals if he stays fit and healthy and used in a role that suits him.

Last time we had a player in our team with a rugby background it was Shaun Fraser. Terrifying.

Quite liked Smith always gave his all but was a bit of a headless chicken.

Will chase everything and Mcmenamin may have a big influence on him.

Good player and a good move for both player and club IMO.

Remember the day when we beat cowden 1-0 after admin and he ran his self so much into the ground he had to be carried of the pitch at the end, was always a bit of a fan favourite after that.