Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Meechan signed on.

Pedro and Faulds left.

Brilliant stuff. I think Ross Meechan is "doing a Willie Lyle" - he's quickly gone from junk into an icon.

Not too sorry to see Moutinho or Faulds go. The former was only ever a stopgap signing and the latter had talent but only ever showed it once every seven or eight matches. He could do some great things on the ball but was frequently caught out in possession and could never impose himself.

I'm not surprised Martin Grehan didn't sign on - I was hoping for big things after his season with Straraer but he was injured for long periods and sometimes gave the impression he couldn't be bothered.

I wish all three players well.

The Stenhousemuuir website has announced the list of players leaving the club - CLICK.

Robbie Duncan, Kris Faulds, Gregor Fotheringham, Lee Gallacher, Martin Grehan, Craig Sutherland, Joshua Watt, Ross McMillan, Brian Hodge and Chris Smith are all listed in the article above. As mentioned earlier, Pedro Moutinho has gone and Stewart Greacen has left the club too (I don't think he'll play again).

Some players haven't been mentioned on the site - Alan Lithgow, Jamie McCormack and Tony Marenghi - and I imagine they've been offered contracts.

What Bomber sees in Marenghi I do not know. There's obviously some talent there but he's useless without the ball and when you're defending you might as well be playing with a man down.

The Stenhousemuuir website has announced the list of players leaving the club - CLICK

What Bomber sees in Marenghi I do not know. There's obviously some talent there but he's useless without the ball and when you're defending you might as well be playing with a man down.

We could have told you that. Plenty of skill. However energy levels zilch. Used to always get caught in possession because he was so slow. Edited by Blue1870

The Stenhousemuir website has since been updated. Ryan Miller and Paul-Jon Sludden have also been released, while Stewart Greacen has retired through injury.

Greg Fleming, Alan Lithgow and Tony Marenghi have been offered terms for next season, while Pedro Moutinho and Jamie McCormack have not yet been spoken to (McCormack is on holiday).

Rab "The Knife" Glen has also departed from the coaching staff.

Jon Robbo signed from Cowden.

Delighted with that bit of business should be allowed to get forward and score goals with Kieran Millar in the team.

Goddamn, that's a superb piece of business. I know he hasn't been as good since he left for St Mirren but he should certainly be a handy player for our level.