Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know Stenhousemuir are now live and accepting donations on Donate a Ticket.

If you haven't seen the site before, I set it up last week as a project to keep me busy while my work has quietened down. It's a fundraising platform for fans to donate the value of a match ticket to their club for each of the remaining fixtures. There's a leaderboard for clubs to compete against each other, hopefully encouraging more donations and raising more for each club.

It's  non-profit, free for all clubs and I don't take any commission from any donations. The transaction fees are also less than JustGiving and GoFundMe.

Stenhousemuir have just promoted it on Twitter if you want proof of authenticity, so far £79 been donated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Now that the season is over will we still be naming a POTY?  If so my vote would be for Scott McLaughlan - not really fancied when he arrived but gave his all in every game and was one of our more consistent players over a disappointing season.

Difficult position for the manager at this time as well. Who does he consider releasing and signing not knowing if or when the next season will start and what the format will be.

Very uncertain times at the moment but I will still be purchasing my season ticket despite what may happen next season.

Aye happy to pay my season as well. Looks like a long time before we are back at Ochilview though. Bizarrely if I look at the crowd when I started supporting in the 80’s social distancing would not have been an issue. [emoji40][emoji40]I’m thinking Davie Irons is not going to get much of a transfer pot.[emoji23][emoji23]

• 2 weeks later...

Scott McLaughlin has announced he is leaving the club on Twitter. It appears to be of his own volition, as he says hasn't spoken with the manager.

I'm quite sorry to see him go, he was our best player last term (although it's a fairly low bar) and featured in almost every minute of every game.

I wonder who else will move on. There's no-one I'd be particularly keen on keeping, to be honest. Andy Munro has signed on for next season and I'd like to keep Mark McGuigan (although it's obvious Davie Irons doesn't fancy him). Other than that, it's been a pretty rubbish year all in.

Yes sorry to see Scott go, most consistent by far. Don’t envy the Manager for the season ahead, budget uncertain, squad needs some major surgery, league start uncertain, training difficult, it is what it is but tough way to have to plan for the future.

Up for sale? Who is going to be spending money in this climate?

Talking about the coming and goings of players just seems completely pointless when we don't know if we will be kicking a ball until next year or what kind of state the game is going to be in.

Not all clubs are going to survive this so any team on the park will do at this stage.

Edited by Neilly

Morning lads, just dropping in to say I just dropped the kickstarted for a new Scottish football magazine I created with a couple of other fans. We done a piece on SPFL sponsorhip and Stenny have a massive influence in the piece - you can check it out via the website link below! There is also column in there called The Part Time Journal in which Danny Denholm explains the importance of nutrition in a lower league footballers diet. There's some other cool articles / illustrations in there aswell. It would be great if you could back / share it with as many fans as possible. The link to our kickstarter and article is: 

https://www.stonewallermag.co.uk/post/time-for-tim

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/scottkelly/stonewaller-magazine-number-1?ref=project_build

Edited by BendtnerBairn

Would imagine the contracts will be expired now and we should hear soon who is staying and who is going. 

Irons in the same position as the rest of the managers - what do they do in terms of signing new players given that no one knows if and when the season will begin?

Difficult times and no one seems to know the answer. However I will still renew my season ticket so that there is some money going into the club even if there are no games.

• 2 weeks later...

Looked at the PFA list of players who are currently available. Not as many as I expected at this time. Unsurprisingly Marley and McIIduff are on it.

Also available are Greg Fleming and Conor McBrearty. Would certainly take a gamble at McBrearty at this time. and probably Fleming as well.

Anyone any idea when we are going to list who is leaving?

Looked at the PFA list of players who are currently available. Not as many as I expected at this time.

I’m guessing this will be down to a lot of clubs furloughing their staff. Clubs are trying to protect players, as soon as clubs start coming out of furlough you’ll start to see a truer list I’m sure.