Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Oh another positive was the young team down the front but how can Scottish football expect to expand a fan base when the stewards are making their day out another day at school. SIT AND BE QUIET!
We had it when we were young as well. About 30 rows away from anyone else and not bothering a soul and those stewards telling them to sit down. It's a complete joke in this country when you go to football in Germany it's encouraged to bounce about and create an atmosphere for whatever reason in this country you are some kind of criminal for bouncing around at a football match.
Hope it doesn't discourage the lads and they keep turning up.
Yes the young team were doing nothing wrong* and still had the close attention of three stewards for most of the game. The "sit down sit down" gestures were irritating me. They were a totally harmless group and should have been left in peace.

The bigger offender was this idiot down near me at the front of the home section wearing a NUFC bobble hat who spent his afternoon just generally shouting mindless obscenities at the young team, at the referee, and generally howling at the moon.

Two families and a couple moved to get away from him, he met these exits with a kind of self justifying "if you can't bear shouting at the fitba go home" bewilderment which didn't really excuse his odiousness. His pal seemed to lap it up so at least he had his audience.

So aye, Hampden stewarding rules, stand up and risk a beheading (or something worse); shout obscenities and generally act like an aggressive wee tyrant then continue at will. I suppose the stewards are there to enforce safety rules and not some kind of moral code but still I wonder if the families would be more likely to return to a venue where some kids can sing songs, jump about and beat a drum, or a venue where morons can shout aggressive guff in knowledge they will not be challenged.

The hypocrisy that any big game at Hampden will see entire sections standing throughout yet a small group of teenagers can't do this safely is also quite infuriating.

* Despite the pat down searches before the game, one of the young team was thrown out near full time for dropping and smashing a bottle accidentally. I think that's what happened anyway. Steward 1 had to discuss with Steward 2 and call for Steward 3 before all decided the young guy should be marched out. If it was a smashed bottle, then fair enough for being huckled out albeit the fact a bottle could be smuggled intonthe ground in the first place rather brings into question the value of the pat down searches. (I didn't see a bottle myself but I heard a noise like smashing glass and then a collective groan from them so I'm assuming that was what it was about.)IMG_20200104_164344.jpeg

Yes the young team were doing nothing wrong* and still had the close attention of three stewards for most of the game. The "sit down sit down" gestures were irritating me. They were a totally harmless group and should have been left in peace.  

The bigger offender was this idiot down near me at the front of the home section wearing a NUFC bobble hat who spent his afternoon just generally shouting mindless obscenities at the young team, at the referee, and generally howling at the moon.

Two families and a couple moved to get away from him, he met these exits with a kind of self justifying "if you can't bear shouting at the fitba go home" bewilderment which didn't really excuse his odiousness. His pal seemed to lap it up so at least he had his audience.

So aye, Hampden stewarding rules, stand up and risk a beheading (or something worse); shout obscenities and generally act like an aggressive wee tyrant then continue at will. I suppose the stewards are there to enforce safety rules and not some kind of moral code but still I wonder if the families would be more likely to return to a venue where some kids can sing songs, jump about and beat a drum, or a venue where morons can shout aggressive guff in knowledge they will not be challenged.

The hypocrisy that any big game at Hampden will see entire sections standing throughout yet a small group of teenagers can't do this safely is also quite infuriating.

* Despite the pat down searches before the game, one of the young team was thrown out near full time for dropping and smashing a bottle accidentally. I think that's what happened anyway. Steward 1 had to discuss with Steward 2 and call for Steward 3 before all decided the young guy should be marched out. If it was a smashed bottle, then fair enough for being huckled out albeit the fact a bottle could be smuggled intonthe ground in the first place rather brings into question the value of the pat down searches. (I didn't see a bottle myself but I heard a noise like smashing glass and then a collective groan from them so I'm assuming that was what it was about.)IMG_20200104_164344.thumb.jpeg.2d066817859b3029fb759ee0328d759a.jpeg

I thought your wee singing section was excellent. How often do fans sing for 10 minutes then fade when the booze wears off. Fair play youngsters [emoji106]

Sorry about the stewards, us fans think it’s ridiculous but it’s just the way. Hopefully it’s not too off-putting.

There’s an unnecessary issue at all small Scottish football grounds with standing. We’ve had issues at different grounds in the past. Stenny in particular. I love standing at football; therefore the terrace at Stenny is good. We’ve tried to stand in the seated section but get barked at by stewards.

If there was a glass smuggled in and it smashed. I kinda get why the boy is told to leave.

Oh another positive was the young team down the front but how can Scottish football expect to expand a fan base when the stewards are making their day out another day at school. SIT AND BE QUIET! We had it when we were young as well. About 30 rows away from anyone else and not bothering a soul and those stewards telling them to sit down. It's a complete joke in this country when you go to football in Germany it's encouraged to bounce about and create an atmosphere for whatever reason in this country you are some kind of criminal for bouncing around at a football match.

Agreed; why the stewards were so strict when they now, at last, let away fans stand at the back every week seemed daft. Anyone could see they weren't head cases and only out to enjoy the day and support their team. We had the same problem a few years ago when a group of kids tried to make a bit of noise at QP home games. They chucked it after half a dozen games. 

PS A young lad did indeed drop a half bottle which was why he was turfed out. The guy in the hat shouting at them is, indeed, "challenging" and sometimes embarrassing, and is thankfully not a regular.

9 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

How has Ryan Blair performed for you lot?

Ryan Blair would be the best player in the SPFL if no-one came near him, put pressure on him or tried to take the ball from him. He's obviously got a talent but I think there's too much rough and tumble at this level for him.

On 05/01/2020 at 14:12, Neilly said:

Oh another positive was the young team down the front but how can Scottish football expect to expand a fan base when the stewards are making their day out another day at school. SIT AND BE QUIET!

We had it when we were young as well. About 30 rows away from anyone else and not bothering a soul and those stewards telling them to sit down. It's a complete joke in this country when you go to football in Germany it's encouraged to bounce about and create an atmosphere for whatever reason in this country you are some kind of criminal for bouncing around at a football match.

The usual highly embarrassing behaviour from the jobsworth Hampden stewards. Thankfully we won't have to use these morons when we move to Lesser (unfortunately they have a contract with the SFA to do all games at Hampden) 

Jonathan Tiffoney looked good against Stirling Albion, he was adventurous on the ball and tried to carry it forward; he was probably our best player that day.

As for McBride, I've written about him elsewhere on this thread. I'm not quite sure what he brings to the team but if it keeps us sweet with his old man and his clients, then fair play to all concerned!