Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Missing tonight’s game, I hope we can build on the result from Saturday. A win would put us up to joint fifth which given recent form would give a tiny bit comfort although could still only be 4 points ahead of 2nd bottom if Albion win. I had high hopes for this season but see us almost half the points of league leaders and watching the wrong end of the table. Life as a warriors supporter was never meant to be easy[emoji27]

I'm looking forward to this evening's match - we played reasonably well against Elgin City earlier in the season and we should be looking to build on Saturday's result at Brechin City. Games against Elgin are never straightforward (I'm sure they leathered us in a midweek tie in Feruary 2018) but I'd like to think we've got enough about us to get the better of them.

I can't think of what the starting XI might be but it'll probably be the same as last time around.

I thought last night's game was entertaining, particularly towards the end when it was really end to end. I thought a draw was probably the fair result at the end given we'd seen most of the ball in the second half. Thomas McHale made some decent saves and his side were under pressure for long spells.

Vimto90 is correct, we were very porous at the back and could have lost by fair few. The second goal in particular was a shambles - Alan Cook will need to take a look at himself after being beaten to a looping high ball that was dropping right onto his head. Pathetic defending.

I really liked the look of Botti Biabi and thought he was the best player on the pitch (Daniel McKay ran him close before he dropped out of the game in the second half). He was good at coming deep, good at running in behind, good at going up for headers, good at bringing others into play. It's a shame he's only here for a couple of weeks as he'd make a huge difference to us. Ryan Blair was alright - he had one run in the second half where he beat three men before being closed down - but he seemed to want longer on the ball than he was ever going to be afforded in League 2.

We're still a work in progress and I reckon we'll have enough about us to move away from the wrong end of the division. Another big game at the weekend against Annan Athletic awaits.

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

What has happened to Chris O Neil a player highly rated by many happy clippers at Airdrie,  he seems to have fallen out the side recently is that due to injury, form or has his attitude problems resurfaced again.

Picked up an injury at the start of the season and failed to keep his place when he came back under Colin. We've been playing 3 at the back recently under Irons and he just doesn't get in the team.