Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

18 minutes ago, Neilly said:

It's basically the same but it's not the same. Against Waterford we had McBride wide and Cook playing more centrally in midfield. It really gave us an extra dimension in terms of pace and drive and we haven't had that since. Makes no sense to me. If you want to get the best from Gibson you need legs round about him. We've somehow ended up with Dykes in there and McLaughlin moved from left back.

It's easy to say it's only one or two players difference but those two playing in those positions really did give us a bit more. Why was it changed at all when it was our best performance of the season?

You beat The new saints and Edinburgh City with totally different line ups and the New saints are better than Waterford. Your defence seem to have lost confidence or something, I reckon Cook would be a good left back who would give you a different option ?

I wasn't at either of those games so can't comment. Waterford is the best I have seen us this season hence it's a head scratcher why we have changed from that.

McLaughlin was doing fine at left back so not sure why Cook needs to go there. I liked Cook in that central midfield role but he hasn't played there since. 

5 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I wasn't at either of those games so can't comment. Waterford is the best I have seen us this season hence it's a head scratcher why we have changed from that.

McLaughlin was doing fine at left back so not sure why Cook needs to go there. I liked Cook in that central midfield role but he hasn't played there since. 

Neilly I haven't seen Stenhousemuir play for months but going on the highlights the backline seem really slow especially in the Penicuick highlights, every time the ball went wide they were in, same in the City highlights maybe the fullbacks are getting drawn in or your midfield are not picking up runner's ? Whatever it is your Manager needs to fix that defence because without Smith it would be a lot worse. Time on your side to fix it.

1 hour ago, beaver1 said:

Was never convinced that his heart was in it, so not altogether surprised at this. Irons has a big job on his hands so hopefully this is part of a masterplan.

Really? I thought he was our best player in the last game against Albion Rovers. Brought some composure to the middle of the park and always looked to put his foot on the ball. I think he'll be a miss.

My word, that's a big blow. I really liked the look of him in the middle of the park and thought he offered us control and experience.
Still! Let's hope his departure is offset by the arrival of a former Falkirk FC striker!
Assume Loy if this is true

1 minute ago, Vimto90 said:
3 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:
My word, that's a big blow. I really liked the look of him in the middle of the park and thought he offered us control and experience.
Still! Let's hope his departure is offset by the arrival of a former Falkirk FC striker!

Assume Loy if this is true

It's not Rory Loy - lower your sights by some distance and try again!

Really? I thought he was our best player in the last game against Albion Rovers. Brought some composure to the middle of the park and always looked to put his foot on the ball. I think he'll be a miss.

Willie Gibson is a loss to any side at this level. I don’t know how much he was on but I imagine it will free up some money for bolstering the squad with at least two players in the January window. Big picture and all that.

Maybe my expectations were just too high, but I expected a lot more.

Guest TOPFITTER

Maybe my expectations were just too high, but I expected a lot more.
Given some of the dross around him thought he was decent. Now no defence, no midfield and no strike force, GOOD LUCK Chris Smith.

Guest TOPFITTER
Given some of the dross around him thought he was decent. Now no defence, no midfield and no strike force, GOOD LUCK Chris Smith.
Graeme Smith, correction for above[emoji16]