Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

16 hours ago, Vimto90 said:

Awful. Left for local pub once cook got sent off. Zero interest from players.

Fun.

What was his 2 bookings for - mistimed tackles or petulance?  Another poor performance by the team - was McGuigans substitution for injury or tactical?  If tactical expect him to be dropped on Saturday - has not been the same player this season for some reason.  Saturday is a must win.

Heard a few interesting things at the Rose game last night.

It would appear that Marsh has not left the club and had clear the air talks with both the board and the management team re the alleged comments and it would appear that they have been misheard or at least misinterpretated.  The matter could probably have been resolved if either party had spoken at length to the other but would appear to be sorted at this time which is good news for all concerned and hopefully no one will hold a grudge.

Also heard that there is an underlying issue in the dressingroom with a younger squad player stirring things up for the more senior members of the squad.

At least one member of the squad is due a contract renewal in the next month or so and we will see where management and the board lie when these come up for renewal.

Incidently it was also mentioned, and this is hard to believe, that the management were happy with the contributions made by Dykes, McBride and the centre half on Saturday against QP.

As grown adults I would like to think Irons and Marsh can put this behind them and get on with it.

As for the rest of that post too much conjecture and playground bullshit for me to be honest.  Young player stirring it up for senior players? What does that even mean?

Sounds like utter nonsense.

Think we are 7 games into Davie’s second spell in charge, know it’s early days for him and he will still be getting a bit of a feel for who he trusts and doesn’t in the squad, but it would be interesting to hear his thoughts and other fans thoughts on who come Jan he would be looking to keep/get rid off/bring in? 

Let's discuss in January when it's pertinent. I can never understand why people want to discuss who they want to leave two months before a window and the players are still contracted to the club. 

More so in January it's near enough impossible to move on who you don't want anyway.

Another grim performance at Cliftonhill. Slipping down the league and no league games till Brechin which will be mahoossive for us. Good to see Mark get on the scoresheet but that is 12 goals in 4 games we have lost - need to sort that quickly as we don’t have the players to knock in
loads at the other end[emoji848]

Apathy - it’s as if nobody can be bothered! Disappointing result on Saturday but flattered thistle tbh. Looked livelier in the start of the second half but losing the goal within 2 minutes of scoring meant we had to chase. Haven’t seen the highlights but the 4th looked like a precision strike from an experienced striker - but the game was over by then.

Guest TOPFITTER

Not as much apathy as beaten into the core disappointment. A sort of Football "Munchausen Syndrom" and blind love of club is what's left !!!

I really feel for those left trying to keep a TRUE Community Club in the professional leagues, what happens if The Warriors go down, does the whole community programme go too???

Note to gaffer, only play those who try or give a shit even if that means fielding 8, get the shirkers and I love me's to f**k[emoji34][emoji34][emoji34]

That better? [emoji6]

Not as much apathy as beaten into the core disappointment. A sort of Football "Munchausen Syndrom" and blind love of club is what's left !!!
I really feel for those left trying to keep a TRUE Community Club in the professional leagues, what happens if The Warriors go down, does the whole community programme go too???
Note to gaffer, only play those who try or give a shot even if that means fielding 8, get the shirkers and I love men's to f**k[emoji34][emoji34][emoji34]

May have misunderstood this but are you asking the gaffer to get rid of any gays? 🤷🏻‍♂️

We are clearly capable of getting good results. We are in a slump but we can get out of it for sure.

It's going to be a battle so I will genuinely be happy to just get safety banked. Brechin are really bad but they might spend in Jan so we need to be careful.

Call me a mad man but why don't we go back to the line up that played against Waterford? We haven't played the same team since and are moving further away from it by the week.

I can't understand why we are going down the route of a back three. The young centre back looks nowhere near the level required at this minute in time so i can't see how we are bolstering the defence in that regard.

At a loss why Dykes has found himself ahead of Halleran in the pecking order all of a sudden as well. Some baffling decisions from Irons since Waterford and as poor as the players have been he has to be accountable for the selection and shape of the team, which is getting worse by the week.

14 hours ago, Neilly said:

Call me a mad man but why don't we go back to the line up that played against Waterford? We haven't played the same team since and are moving further away from it by the week.

I can't understand why we are going down the route of a back three. The young centre back looks nowhere near the level required at this minute in time so i can't see how we are bolstering the defence in that regard.

At a loss why Dykes has found himself ahead of Halleran in the pecking order all of a sudden as well. Some baffling decisions from Irons since Waterford and as poor as the players have been he has to be accountable for the selection and shape of the team, which is getting worse by the week.

According to the Stenhousemuir site Neilly the manager only changed 1 midfielder against Penicuick and Edinburgh City after the Waterford game, basically the same team ? 

It's basically the same but it's not the same. Against Waterford we had McBride wide and Cook playing more centrally in midfield. It really gave us an extra dimension in terms of pace and drive and we haven't had that since. Makes no sense to me. If you want to get the best from Gibson you need legs round about him. We've somehow ended up with Dykes in there and McLaughlin moved from left back.

It's easy to say it's only one or two players difference but those two playing in those positions really did give us a bit more. Why was it changed at all when it was our best performance of the season?

Edited by Neilly