Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

That was hard to watch. Can only really echo what has been said. The trialist's were by and large awful, the french LB was comfy on the ball & getting forward. The right winger had a couple of moments in the 2nd half but still not up to standard probably.

The goalie, well am sorry but our fears were realised, thank f**k Smith is here.

Massive gaps to fill.

Halleran looked good & Andy Munro will be a steady captain.

2 hours ago, afca32 said:

Russell Dingwall any good?

Not particularly. Russell Dingwall was one of Colin McMenamin's first signings, joining us on loan from Ross County in January. I don't know what his best quality is other than "energy". He's not particularly proficient on the ball, he's not a great tackler, nor is he much of a goal threat. He was a bit of a waste of a jersey and by the end of the season, supporters were openly questioning his inclusion in the starting XI.

Probably the most memorable thing he did was collect a red card for elbowing the Brechin City goalkeeper for no reason.

Thanks chieftains. Where did he play for you generally? Seen some suggestions he's a midfielder and others a striker. Seems to have done quite well for us in pre-season (as a holding midfielder I believe).

9 hours ago, afca32 said:

Thanks chieftains. Where did he play for you generally? Seen some suggestions he's a midfielder and others a striker. Seems to have done quite well for us in pre-season (as a holding midfielder I believe).

He's most certainly a central midfielder. He might do well if he's given a specific role within the team but we gave him free range to do whatever he wanted.

We've made two more signings!

Aidan McIlduff, a left-back who was at Berwick Rangers last season, and someone called Brandon Luke, who last played for Dunfermline Athletic. He can play in central midfield or on the right wing.

Meanwhile, young Kyle Johnson has left the club. I didn't even realise he was a Stenhousemuir player.

The squad is really coming together!

https://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/2019/07/08/new-signings-3/

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

14 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Aidan McIlduff, a left-back who was at Berwick Rangers last season, and someone called Brandon Luke, who last played for Dunfermline Athletic. He can play in central midfield or on the right wing.

Meanwhile, young Kyle Johnson has left the club. I didn't even realise he was a Stenhousemuir player.

Oft....not good signings. Brandon Luke was anonymous for us and the left back at berwick🤥

38 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Brandon Luke was on loan at both Annan and Cowden during the season 17-18. Just a young boy think he will be about 19 or 20 now.

25 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Brandon Luke was on loan at both Annan and Cowden during the season 17-18. Just a young boy think he will be about 19 or 20 now.

Decent player technically but struggled with the physical aspects of league 2 football.

Weirdly, I can already see us turning the squad over in January and bringing in better players.

In most cases, you should be looking to improve on the players that left or on the ones that are already there, but we have not done that - all of our superstars were at the club last season. I hope to be proven wrong but I am not too optimistic about the season ahead!

We look like we’re going to be heavily reliant on turning up a couple of gems in on loans here, even at that, those boys are never the kind that are going to carry a team.

That midfield in particular is completely uninspiring, no idea who in there is going to drive us through games, can see a lot of games completely passing that midfield by...a long campaign ahead I fear.