Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

3 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Our club officials be embarrassingly incompetent AND you lot can be a seething, frothing mess. Those two things don’t have to exist in isolation. Both these things are happening.

Big fan of the capitalisation of ‘and’. Really adds drama to your post. 

5 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

There's giving views and engaging in healthy debate and then there's posting in a way that reads like you're a child having a temper tantrum.

Well done

im sure you will be joining your pal cesc on the TV sofa soon enough.

hope I’m not keeping you from your Lobster Thermidor

I’m convinced at this point that if a punitive measure is deemed necessary then the SFA will surely find us bringing ‘BrazilianLex’ to our own door as sufficient enough punishment.

f**k me, what an absolute goon!

Edited by Christophe

Well done
im sure you will be joining your pal cesc on the TV sofa soon enough.
hope I’m not keeping you from your Lobster Thermidor
I've never listened to The Terrace podcast because I'm not really interested in any Scottish leagues other than the one we are in. I've never watched the TV show either.

It's leftover pizza for breakfast at Château AFTNC. Sorry for disappointing.

I’m convinced at this point that if a punitive measure is deemed necessary then the SFA will surely find us bringing ‘BrazilianLex’ to our own door as sufficient enough punishment.

Personal insults. Classy.

53 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I've never listened to The Terrace podcast because I'm not really interested in any Scottish leagues other than the one we are in. I've never watched the TV show either.

The podcast covers the lower leagues as well. Shaughan and Andy are Raith fans and Craig is obviously a Stenny fan so you get informed opinions.

1 hour ago, Christophe said:

I will be there 

5 games this season already so plenty of opportunity to meet and discuss your personal abuse.

I've been told by an associate we've apparently offered a contract to former Livingston, Greenock Morton, Ayr United and Clyde midfielder Scott McLaughlin. Last season he was playing for Edusport Academy in the Lowland League.

The 35 year old has several offers from junior clubs too but we're also in the hunt.

38 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I've been told by an associate we've apparently offered a contract to former Livingston, Greenock Morton, Ayr United and Clyde midfielder Scott McLaughlin. Last season he was playing for Edusport Academy in the Lowland League.

The 35 year old has several offers from junior clubs too but we're also in the hunt.

I can't imagine Scott McLaughlin would represent any improvement on Mark Ferry, particularly with a few more seasons added on to his legs since he almost captained a shitebag Clyde side to the relegation play-off. He's an alright player but at this point he will be, at best, a figure of League Two mediocrity. His experience is worth a fair bit, right enough, and he's as two-footed a player as you're likely to see in the lower leagues - something which offers him a degree of versatility, though his ageing legs badly exposed him as a wide player in midfield and at full-back a couple of years back. These are still fairly early days of course, but if this is what Stenhousemuir's supposedly impressive budget is being spent on, then it looks like the division will be comprised almost entirely of mid-table quality sides next season. 

As much as I'm desperate for the excitement of bringing in players, I'm glad we've not Stirling Albioned it and assembled (quickly) the most bland side in League 2 history.

I hope you’ve not spoke to soon!