Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

All the best to the big man. Outstanding first half of the season but went from our best to our worst centre half when Munro and Marsh came in and Tena left.

Will head bricks and do a job for Dumbo.

To be fair to Neill, he started the season covering for Jesus and Alan Reid. Got injured and wasn't the same player when he returned - not sure if there was a falling out with the manager. Good player though.

I'm sure he'll be a decent signing for Dumbarton but I don't think it really worked out for Morgyn Neill at Stenhousemuir. He was our best centre-back in the opening half of the season but when you're playing alongside Jesus Garcia Tena, that's not really saying much. He could header bricks all day but I always felt he got pulled out of position a lot and he couldn't really organise the defence or communicate well. It's no coincidence we looked far more assured at the back when Andy Munro and David Marsh joined the club in January.

Over the latter part of the season, he was either used in reserve or played on the left-hand side in a back three. It was a position he seemed to struggle in - against Brechin City on the final day of the season, for example, Marsh and Munro had to talk him through the entirety of the first half. He also made two catastrophic mistakes against Raith Rovers (more or less sliced into his own net in the final seconds) and East Fife (played a blind backpass for Aaron Dunsmore to score) and was binned for the play-off games against Annan Athletic, only emerging from the bench after an injury to Munro.

Good luck to him at the Rock but I can't quite understand the positivity towards his performances last season.

Tomorrow is the day that in P&B terms, we're consigned to League 2.

McMemamin said in the Falkirk Herald that he wants up to an additional 8 new players which is encouraging. The last few years we've had an ok group and I've been left thinking '2 or 3 more and we might do well' and there has been no more signings.

I know it's early days but I'm quite pleased that of the business done by League 2 clubs so far, unless I've missed any, I don't think any signings look more than reasonable.

Add to that that two strong teams in Peterhead and Clyde went up, Annan have been plundered, QP losing their usual few and Brechin look in turmoil.

We obviously need to see who else we bring in but we look to have a good keeper and backline, plus McGuigan. I'm quite hopeful of a reaching the playoffs comfortably at worst.

5 hours ago, Neilly said:

My optimism has been dampened somewhat by one tinpot dealing.

If this is what I think you're referring to and the rumours are indeed true then yes we can definitely be considered an amateur-hour tinpot club. Embarrassing.

Good to see this thread has been shifted into the correct division. I can't wait to populate it with piping-hot posts over the season.

As others have mentioned elsewhere, I don't think Harvey Swan's move to Ochilview is likely to happen now. A horrendous oversight by those involved at the club!

We didn't know there was compo due. An absolute shambles.

I mean any halfwit on these boards would have had that checked out as a first port of call surely? It feels very Falkirk like being this tinpot.