Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Biggest concern for me is the lack of goals from anyone other than McGuigan. That's the priority to be addressed before the next campaign. Is Hurst the man for that? I'm not so sure I'd be bursting a gut trying to keep him tbh. 

The nucleus of this squad does look quite promising for League Two. I actually think there's a player in Duthie - when he's prepared to be direct his strong running does cause problems, much like Cook on the other flank. I'd be happy giving him another year. 

Munro and Marsh as CH pairing should  be solid and despite obvious criticisms of Smith at GK I'm certain he'd do us a turn next season.

Any other names being bandied about?

19 minutes ago, Sarge Bullman said:

Biggest concern for me is the lack of goals from anyone other than McGuigan. That's the priority to be addressed before the next campaign. Is Hurst the man for that? I'm not so sure I'd be bursting a gut trying to keep him tbh. 

The nucleus of this squad does look quite promising for League Two. I actually think there's a player in Duthie - when he's prepared to be direct his strong running does cause problems, much like Cook on the other flank. I'd be happy giving him another year. 

Munro and Marsh as CH pairing should  be solid and despite obvious criticisms of Smith at GK I'm certain he'd do us a turn next season.

Any other names being bandied about?

Although I was critical of Hurst in my longer post on the previous page, he was only played as a striker sporadically - most of the time was fielded on the right wing with license to come inside. He did strike up a good understanding with McGuigan and set up about four or five goals for him. I'd certainly be keen to keep him for next season but whether or not he wants to play in League 2 is another matter.

Duthie can be a good player but my impression of him was someone who's all fur coat and no knickers. Great at running at full-backs, not so great in putting it in for strikers.

Sorry to see Fez leave the club - he's been a smashing player for us over the past two seasons - but he looked a little slow and ineffectual at times this year. Best of luck to him going forward.

Keep your eyes peeled as there could be a few more this evening.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

44 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

We had a short but strong Scottish Cup run that began with a 4-2 victory against our local rivals, the now former Championship club Falkirk FC.

Fair play, enjoyed this line of the statement.

Came to post about this. An excellent effort, which I'm sure was enjoyed by all Stenny punters!

I'll enjoy the reaction of Falkirk fans when the fixtures come out and it dawns on them they will genuinely be up against Stranraer, Peterhead and Forfar next season.

19 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Genuinely no idea who that is.

I do question if that is sarcasm or not but he came up to the first team with Thomas Halleran at the start of the 2017-18 campaign.

Has only featured in a game or two but nowhere near good enough to play at the level we are at.

4 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:

I do question if that is sarcasm or not but he came up to the first team with Thomas Halleran at the start of the 2017-18 campaign.

Has only featured in a game or two but nowhere near good enough to play at the level we are at.

You could meet him halfway.