Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

12 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

It would've probably attracted a decent crowd, it's been a few years since we played.

Just hate pre-season when you cant even get to watch your team or see trialists etc

A decent crowd? You're having a laugh. Lucky if there would be 150. Doors will be open for those who want to watch I'm sure.

15 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

It would've probably attracted a decent crowd, it's been a few years since we played.

Just hate pre-season when you cant even get to watch your team or see trialists etc

What planet are you on buddy?

A friendly at home to a pub team doesn't exactly get the juices flowing. Friendlies in general are awful nevermind that one.

On 01/06/2018 at 23:36, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

This is going to be a League 2 squad in League 1. Unless 5 or 6 genuinely decent League 1 standard players are added this is going to be a very long season.

When we played you in the cup (albeit not at our best ) you put up a good show..BTW has longworth been freed ?

On 29/05/2018 at 12:49, Burnsythebinman said:

I dont think the league is awash with decent wingers so I would put Cook in the top half at least. Ferns has pace but his final ball? Shocking

Cook was dreadful for us, he could do a good forrest gump "ah just kept on running " charge up the wing but the end result was not good..

On 6/2/2018 at 17:21, selfassemblyshire said:

Cant afford stewards for the game against us. Good to see you have 'no financial difficulties'.

Enjoy getting pumped every week in League 1 x

Love hearing a shire fan taunt other clubs about money. from a team that has to tout itself around to the lowest bidder just so they can play their games. from a bunch of rental ronnies that cant even run out under their own club badge as they cant afford even a public park home venue of there own. from a team thats the only one EVER in scottish football history to be pumped out of the league cause they couldnt afford a team good enough to beat a lowland league side. thanks for the advice though.

I see Willis Furtado has left Raith Rovers and is yet to sign for anyone. Probably a long shot with our current budget but would be great to see him back - would be worth sacrificing a couple of fringe players to get someone of his quality.

1 minute ago, STENNY ROB said:

I see Willis Furtado has left Raith Rovers and is yet to sign for anyone. Probably a long shot with our current budget but would be great to see him back - would be worth sacrificing a couple of fringe players to get someone of his quality.

Is it not the case that who ever signs him will have to pay a development fee?

IIRC Raith only signed him as an amateur.

Sorry to see the big man go - he was good for the Warriors over the course of last season and I loved the way he celebrated when scoring the two goals against Peterhead in the play-off final first leg - but I'm not sure if he was good enough to make the step back up into League 1. He could look a little rickety at times. I would have rather we held onto his brother, Ross, for the year ahead.

It'll be interesting to see how Brown Ferguson pulls together his squad for the forthcoming campaign. It'll be a tough season, that's for sure.

Let's take a look at our squad for the season ahead:

Goalkeepers:

• Lewis McMinn
  • Buzz Smith

Defenders:

• Ruaridh Donaldson
  • Morgyn Neill
  • Alan Reid

Midfielders:

• Alan Cook
  • Mark Ferry
  • Kieran Gibbons
  • Thomas Halleran
  • Nicki Paterson
  • Robbie Sinclair

Strikers:

• Mark McGuigan
  • Colin McMenamin

It looks still 4 or 5 players light yet, hearing the prices being paid for fair/good quality League 2 players makes you wonder where we are going to find the funds to attract the 3 minimum League 1 players to boost this squad. I see we are most peoples tips to go straight back down. Tight season ahead[emoji848]

Heard that we were looking for at least 2 loanee players, one of which is to be a defender.  From the list above we need at least 2/3 defenders and the same in attack.   We are not paying anything near what clubs like Cowdenbeath are so will be difficult to attract some players.

On a positive note season ticket arrived this morning.

19 hours ago, Moonglum25 said:

Heard that we were looking for at least 2 loanee players, one of which is to be a defender.  From the list above we need at least 2/3 defenders and the same in attack.   We are not paying anything near what clubs like Cowdenbeath are so will be difficult to attract some players.

On a positive note season ticket arrived this morning.

"On a positive note"  - cant believe Glum Mcglum said something positive