Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Oh well makes sense for all involved. I had actually come on here to say we badly need a centre back to partner Munro whilst Morgyn is injured so this is good news.

Solid operator and we know what we are getting. 

Not the worst transfer window in the world but not the best either. We strengthened our defence with the arrivals of Andy Munro and David Marsh (although it's quite funny that Marsh couldn't get a game for us in League 2 last season and now he's going straight into the starting XI) and we moved on Jesus Garcia Tena, who, God love him, was pretty rubbish. I thought we could have done with cover at right-back but credit to Alan Reid, he's been pretty handy in the last few games against Aberdeen and Airdrieonians, so there may be hope there yet.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Greg Hurst can do up front. Other than Mark "Mr Goals" McGuigan, we haven't had much luck with strikers over the last two seasons so I hope he can make a contribution.

We're still stodgy looking in the middle of the park - there isn't a lot of creativity there - and we could have added cover on the wings too but we're probably in a better position than we were this time last month.

Given our defence seems to be a lot more solid with the addition of Munro, it is a blow having Neill out now. Hopefully Marsh can provide adequate cover. Feel as if we are stronger at the back.

Dingwall for Paton is obviously a retrograde, but I think he has done OK. So not a disaster, although shame he is now injured!!

And surely Hurst can't be any less effective than O'Hara was?

One more loan signing to come in...

So, I would say overall, we are in a marginally better position, and relative to Dumbarton and Brechin, I would say we have had a more positive window than they have.

Won't be too disappointed if the game is off tomorrow. Hopefully one more game Morgyn Neill will be available for assuming it isn't rescheduled too quickly!

When Neil is fit the addition of Marsh allows us to go 3 at the back with cover from Duthie and Donaldson.  Marsh has also played in midfield for us before so gives a bit of extra dig there as well if required.  Going to Stranraer on a Tuesday night is not the best however.

David Marsh is a magnificent capture for Stenny. Back where he belongs after a confusing spell at Cowden. A real meat and two veggie defender. Hope to see many more rip-roaring displays, which we have all have come to expect from this strapping young lad.

8 minutes ago, Callous_Pint said:

David Marsh is a magnificent capture for Stenny. Back where he belongs after a confusing spell at Cowden. A real meat and two veggie defender. Hope to see many more rip-roaring displays, which we have all have come to expect from this strapping young lad.

:lol: he is a fairly run of the mill League Two defender. Looks like we've found Marsh's da.

3 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

:lol: he is a fairly run of the mill League Two defender. Looks like we've found Marsh's da.

Not related to the boy, I just know a great defender when I see one. And please tell me, what level of football have you played at to justify making these outrageous claims?

1 minute ago, Callous_Pint said:

Not related to the boy, I just know a great defender when I see one. And please tell me, what level of football have you played at to justify making these outrageous claims?

Why aren't you commenting on the myriad of centre halves better than Marsh in the lower leagues, then? Spare me, Mr. Marsh. 

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 12:58, Moonglum25 said:

Heard we may have been bringing in someone on loan but did not expect Hurst.

I really hope the move works out for Greg, he's a cracking big laddy who was held in high regards coming through our youth ranks. Although I never worked with him directly, I watched him a fair amount during his time and there is talent there, which is why St.Johnstone ultimately took him off our hands.

He obviously played against us whilst at Berwick on loan, but he just didn't look like the player who was with us. Has the jump from Youth/Development to Senior football been to much for the lad or has it been an element of the "Blair Henderson at Stirling factor" where, whatever the reason, things just don't work out and nobody can quite put their finger on why......who knows.

If you can get him playing consistently, then I'm sure you will find a good player. It's probably last chance saloon for him in the Senior League, so I really hope it works out.

Guest Alessandro
On 27/01/2019 at 13:21, mo83 said:

He will no be sticking around with your shower shite next season that's for sure.

You fuckers have very short memories it would seem

Guest Alessandro
3 minutes ago, mo83 said:
9 minutes ago, Alessandro said:
You fuckers have very short memories it would seem

?????

"2009–2010 season began terribly for the Montrose faithful, with the team failing to win any Division Three matches at all up to 16 January."

"The club finished bottom of the Third Division for the first time in eleven years"

"At the end of the 2014–15 season, Montrose came last in League Two, but maintained their status in the SPFL after a 3–2 aggregate win in a play-off against Highland Football League champions Brora Rangers "

" 2017/18 season saw Montrose end 22 consecutive seasons in Scotland’s basement division. "

Aye...The Glory Years......get a grip of yerself pal.