Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Tena looked badly out of position on numerous occasions when you view Raith TV as well as pulling out of tackles in the box.  Have yet to see what Bomber saw in him to bring him to the club in the first place.  With him and Reid in defence we are always going to ship goals.

The incident where the Raith player burst through and hit the side netting Tena  has given up the ghost and is strolling back. (01.12)

The disallowed goal he is out near the touchline  (01.34)

The McBrearty sending off he is well into the Raith half and Reid claims offside rather than track back.

Have a look at (03.51) and try and decide what he is doing.

The second goal both he and Reid cannot get close enough to get a tackle in.

The 3rd goal neither Duthie, Reid or Tena can get up to prevent the header and nobody aware that the No 4 is unmarked at the back post.

(06.10) caught in no man's land again no urgency to get back into the box.

5th goal - (07.10) fails to put tackle in , looks like he is completely lost and strolling about with no urgency.

(08.14) Raith player runs across the box and he pulls out of the tackle.

All in all a bad day for the defence which was certainly not helped by McBreary's stupidity and in partial defence to Tena he has not played for a number of weeks but even at that he was still very poor.

Surely our board must be questioning their actions.

Has anyone heard how much if anything the fans have contributed to the manager's fund?

McMenamen must bring in a decent centre back this week.

Not getting a man sent off early doors would have been something we could have done. Pretty easy for full time players to look decent against a poor part time side with 10 men.

We really need 4 quality players in to have any chance of staying up and I don't see where they are coming from. We have known the January window has been coming for a while and known our short comings for even longer so I'm a bit miffed we didn't have some kind of loan lined up for early in the month.

How has Reid ended up back in the team? He would not get a game for the current Albion Rovers side.

13 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

According to the club's Twitter page, we're making a signing at 3pm today.

Assuming it's someone big, as they usually don't put out a timing for some random player

2 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:

Assuming it's someone big, as they usually don't put out a timing for some random player

I don't know, I imagine it'll be some young jobber on loan from Greenock Morton or somewhere similar (although I hope to be proved wrong!)

The club's use of social media has been a lot better over the last 12 months and I reckon we're copying what a lot of other teams are doing in terms of announcements.

10 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I don't know, I imagine it'll be some young jobber on loan from Greenock Morton or somewhere similar (although I hope to be proved wrong!)

The club's use of social media has been a lot better over the last 12 months and I reckon we're copying what a lot of other teams are doing in terms of announcements.

I think with Jamie coming in, that's why. Pretty sure he does all the stuff outside match days on twitter

6 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Aye, he's a class act to be fair to him. He's made a big difference.

If only he could send the tweets during the games, that would be very "exiting".

The board got Reece to do it so that the updates would be more regular. Couple times this season Reece hasn't done it, Jamie or Iain haven't posted regularly.