Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

I'm very pleased to see Darren Jamieson, Gregor Buchanan, Nicky Jamieson, Nat Wedderburn and Matty Aitken in the PFA League 2 Team of the Year. All five have had strong seasons, the goalkeeper and centre-backs especially, and they should be proud of being recognised by their peers.

Mikey Anderson, however, was robbed! He's the best midfielder in the division, in my opinion!

Disappointed Mikey Anderson didn’t make it. Kinlay Bilham is the other player I hoped might feature.

There was a feature on the club last night on A View from the Terrace featuring Donald Smillie. It was a really nice piece. 

The Stenhousemuir feature was incredible. I've watched it three times and cried every time. It's a brilliant story - every Stenhousemuir deserves all the success we've enjoyed this season, but Donald Smillie probably deserves it more than most.

3 hours ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

Disappointed Mikey Anderson didn’t make it. Kinlay Bilham is the other player I hoped might feature.

There was a feature on the club last night on A View from the Terrace featuring Donald Smillie. It was a really nice piece. 

Bilham and Anderson have been the best players in their position throughout the season I don't think even any opposition fans would debate that.

I suppose with it being a players vote both could go under the radar as they are consistently steady as opposed to MOTM every game. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see both going full time in the next year or so if they can keep up what they have done this season.

Aye, I wouldn't take too much notice of a player's vote, seems to be the most well known players who get picked for each position. Nathan Austin getting picked up front is fairly good proof that naecunt is actually paying attention. 

Would be good to win on Saturday - round off the season with 3 points at home

Jamieson and Wedderburn not expected back

meechan not listed in last game - injury or something else?

did Buchanan go off injured?

no jamieson,, Buchanan or meechan would be tough

11 minutes ago, true fan said:

Would be good to win on Saturday - round off the season with 3 points at home

Jamieson and Wedderburn not expected back

meechan not listed in last game - injury or something else?

did Buchanan go off injured?

no jamieson,, Buchanan or meechan would be tough

In his post-match interview, Gary Naysmith said that Ross Meechan was absent with a bug (and Mikey Anderson was just returning after missing the previous game with a similar illness). Gregor Buchanan came off late on with a knock - I reckon he might have played on had there been something at stake but there's no point in risking him here.

Aye, I'm really looking forward to it too. I don't think anything could possibly feel as good as the celebrations after the East Fife game did but this will be a different kind of energy on trophy day. What an incredible season it's been. The best of our lives. I think it'll be a brilliant day. 

Just popping on to congratulate Stenny. Its great to see so many fans experience this as its something to treasure and believe me from a Cowden perspective do cherish it.

I take my hat off to lads like Neilly and Fran Fabregas who have like myself been on that journey of watching their clubs from a young age up to their cough cough late 30s....

We have had a few ding dongs over the years stenny and cowden fans and the clubs alike but It does mean something to win a league title at clubs like ours with fanbases like ours more so than other clubs.

Im also not jealous in the slightest like....!! lol.

I said last season that after speaking to Gary Naysmith about a few things he was 100% the right man to take the club forward and a great guy also. Stenny have pipped cowden to a couple of signings and happy to see those lads doing well.

Enjoy the ride and soak up every moment. 

Congrats

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Who is your pick for the Stenhousemuir FC Goal of the Season?

It's very hard to see past Adam Brown's goal against Peterhead. A stunner! And a moment when you thought: hey, this team might do something this season!

Brown’s goal was a stunner. Also, despite the potentially catastrophic effect it could have have on my team (and the woeful defending that with it), I’ll admit I’ve watched Kirkpatricks effort sail into the top corner more than a few times! Enjoy the day on Saturday all.

15 hours ago, Neilly said:

Pound for pound Adam's goal is the best of all time at Ochilview, nevermind just this season!

Ruaridh Donaldson's against East Fife was an absolute worldie, where he just melted it from about 35 yards with his left peg into the top bin was best I've seen at Ochilview in a long time.

Broony's goal was sublime, if a player in the Premiership scored that, it'd be on every highlight reel. Definitely my choice for goal of the season. 

Just now, Old Fashioned Stramash said:

Ruaridh Donaldson's against East Fife was an absolute worldie, where he just melted it from about 35 yards with his left peg into the top bin. That's the best goal I've seen at Ochilview in a long time.

Broony's goal was sublime, if a player in the Premiership scored that, it'd be on every highlight reel. Definitely my choice for goal of the season.