Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

As most reserves games are on Monday afternoons I’d imagine boys playing 90 minutes on the Saturday would be unlikely to feature. They are obviously still training with their parent club so in Dingwall’s case it was good game time with him being suspended with us. Cameron Breadner I think only came on for us as a late substitute before the reserve game he was injured in, so not really an issue that he played, the injury aside. Not ideal from our point of view really, but that’s the deal I suppose. 

I see our game away to Airdrie in April has been selected for live BBC Alba coverage, 5:15pm KO - won’t anybody think of the ordinary punters! 

I see our game away to Airdrie in April has been selected for live BBC Alba coverage, 5:15pm KO - won’t anybody think of the ordinary punters!     

Of course not! Probably get between 300-400 through the gate... if we’re lucky!

On 3/14/2019 at 12:00, Neilly said:

Airdrie away is the worst in the division and for 16 pound for the privilege I'll be watching that one with beer in hand.

Fair play to anyone going.

Chan eil mi a ’cur coire ort (which I believe translates as I do not blame you) :)

43 minutes ago, Neilly said:

What's this HUGE news then? I'm assuming Paton back for the 10th time or McGuigan signing a new deal.

Don't think it's a new signing otherwise they would have stated. 

18 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Hence why I said McGuigan signing on son. That would be HUGE news. I don't know what else would equal HUGE news.

Can't say anything about it, but should be announced around 7pm

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

I don't feel you should have such info. You thought Morgyn wiz oot fur two games. You dinny even ken the rules.

If McGuigan has signed on don't reply to this post.

;)

8 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

I would seriously doubt him signing on again so quickly. He will want to see if you go down or stay up first cause he will not be short of offers, happy to be shot down though emoji23.png.

Players can sign on because they enjoy the club. Not all players care about playing at a higher level.

Have to admit I am very surprised at this. Thought he was going to assess his options at the end of the season as I am sure he wasnt going to be short of them, honestly thought we may have had a chance but fair play to him. Loyalty at this level is not common especially with the risk of playing in league 2 next season.

This is tremendous news. It crossed my mind that Mark McGuigan would be away at the end of the season, regardless of which division we finished ended up in. I actually thought Arbroath might fancy taking him on given how well he's done against them. Signing up the big man for the next two years is wonderful - he's been a brilliant player for us over the last two years and is probably the most important figure in the team. Everything we do is geared to get the best out of him.

With Graeme Smith and Andy Munro contracted for next term, we have a solid spine to build on. Hopefully it's in League 1.