Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

3 hours ago, Neilly said:

Unless he has improved dramatically I think he will struggle in the Championship. He did not exactly stand out in a poor division last year. Looks a natural finisher to me but not really much else in his game that stood out that made him a bit special above other players.

He was gash and will struggle big time at Morton in my opinion. 

Edited by happyrover
Spelling mistake

2 hours ago, beaver1 said:

So Vaughan is away. He was hopeless. What was Bomber thinking? And he have replaced him with a player from Albion Rovers, who has a problem with his registration (thankfully?). What is Colin thinking?

Looks like we are pinning our hopes on Andy Munro keeping us up.

But it’s all Ok cos we beat Falkirk and drew with Aberdeen.

So basiclly we are left with Mr Goals and no other forwards at the club at this time, unless you count Cook?

I didn't realise Bobby Vaughan had left the club. He was worth a punt given his record in Malta but he offered very little whenever I saw him on the pitch.

I refuse to believe we will complete the transfer window without signing a striker (I am not counting Ryan Watters). The thought of anything happening to Mark McGuigan does not bear thinking about.

I didn't realise Bobby Vaughan had left the club. He was worth a punt given his record in Malta but he offered very little whenever I saw him on the pitch.
I refuse to believe we will complete the transfer window without signing a striker (I am not counting Ryan Watters). The thought of anything happening to Mark McGuigan does not bear thinking about.
Has their been any talk at your end of McGuigan leaving? Heard we are after him.

7 minutes ago, mo83 said:
52 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Has their been any talk at your end of McGuigan leaving? Heard we are after him.

Absolutely no way. There is no chance the club would allow Mark McGuigan to leave this month. He's been our best player over the last two seasons and if he was to depart, it would have an enormous blow to our survival bid. Everyone associated with Stenhousemuir knows how important he is.

Whether or not Montrose bid for him is another story but I do not think we would sell him.

I am sure there will be someone come in but we gave gotten ourselves in a pretty brural position.  I think we potentially only have 11 fit players for Tuesday + Jesus. For all the excuses about the difficulty of getting players in, it's quite a lamentable position to be in.

Absolutely no way. There is no chance the club would allow Mark McGuigan to leave this month. He's been our best player over the last two seasons and if he was to depart, it would have an enormous blow to our survival bid. Everyone associated with Stenhousemuir knows how important he is.
Whether or not Montrose bid for him is another story but I do not think we would sell him.
Is he free to leave at the end of the season for free or is he signed up for next season?

4 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Daft Montrose fans still thinking McGuigan is going to go to them.

Very cute. 

Big Mark loves it at Stenny and the only thing I could definitely see him leaving would be if Stenny were to be relegated. If they stayed up he could well stay where he is .Just my opinion .Good luck on Tues for replay guys.

Disc Potato's report on Greg Hurst doesn't fill me with confidence but let's take a look at him and see how he gets on. It's a bit puzzling we've now signed two forwards who featured for the two worst sides in the SPFL this season (Ryan Watters being the other one) but who knows, they might be alright.

Other than Mark McGuigan, we haven't had a lot of luck with strikers this term.

Greg Hurst always looked alright in his very fleeting appearances with the first team at Saints but his loan spells just haven't worked out, and there's been a few of them. 

Crumb of comfort maybe being that with him only being a loan player, he's been a bit of a spare part and being a proper part of the Stenny squad might suit him. His actual record isn't dreadful: 12 goals in 30 starts before this season's stint at Berwick.

He won't be Oli Shaw but there might be more to him than you'd initially think. 

I would have taken Geoff Hurst at this stage just for a body so hopefully this lad will do us a turn.

Playing alongside oor Mr Goals will do him the world of good. Learn from the best on massaging that onion bag.