Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Kevin O'Hara and Harry Paton have both left Stenhousemuir and returned to their parent clubs.

Stuart Kettlewell was saying that Stenny wanted to extend his loan, but County see him as a first team player in the second half. Interesting.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Stuart Kettlewell was saying that Stenny wanted to extend his loan, but County see him as a first team player in the second half. Interesting.

Some mark on another thread said it was Paton's decision - and his alone - to return to Ross County.

Fair play to him though, if he believes he can win a place in the Staggies' first team on their current form then he should go for it. He'll be a big loss to Stenhousemuir but he'll leave the club a better player than the one that arrived 18 months ago and I've no doubt he'll flourish in the right environment with good players around him.

McBrearty is available for tomorrow. Red card rescinded.

That makes 14 available for tomorrow including two goalies and the “player” manager.

It’s as if the transfer window came as a surprise at Stenhousemuir.

Is Scott Lochead with a club?

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

6 points off the top 4 when Bomber left but the talented squad were under achieving.

Now 14 points off top 4, rock bottom and getting worse by the week.

Magic.

I haven’t passed comment on the team so far as I haven’t seen them play since Colin took charge, however I’d assume most of the folk that have saw them play are thinking the same as the above. 

I could have understood the decision to bullet bomber if they had a league one / championship manager lined up to replace him but to release the statement they did then replace him with an inexperienced manager, this looks like it may backfire on the club. Only positive at the minute is that Dumbarton and Brechin keep getting beaten just now as well. 

Has the team been playing any differently to when Ferguson was in charge?

Hopefully they can get a few bodies in in January and climb the table. 

Has changing manager made any real difference for any team in this league? Airdrie maybe? In you lads case punting Ferguson in the first place and then replacing him with McMenamin looks particularly strange.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

That was pretty horrific today. Could have been much, much worse. As if it wasn’t bad enough. We have got to get a centre half in to partner Morgyn Neil, and we have got to do it soon. But we have known this for a long time so I’d hope that we have candidate(s) identified. Disagreed with the timing of Bomber’s sacking but to replace him with Colin seemed like folly at the time and still looks that way. We are still in touch with BrEchin and Dumbo but we can’t keep expecting them to lose next week. Arbroath next week. God help us.

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 16:25, beaver1 said:

McBrearty is available for tomorrow. Red card rescinded.

That makes 14 available for tomorrow including two goalies and the “player” manager.

It’s as if the transfer window came as a surprise at Stenhousemuir.

Is Scott Lochead with a club?

He really let you down badly.

Oh dear that good then, seriously worrying times, made even more worrying when you hear the pre match interview with colin saying that the players looking to be brought in have to be of better quality or genuinely going to add something to the cause, I really can’t see us getting that calibre of player in when we have heard it before then see what players eventually sign, hopefully colin has something up his sleeve though and produces them quickly