Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Turned up in a Falkirk tracksuit. He couldn't play and is a Falkirk player so not really sure what the problem is.

I’ve been thinking about this, and part of me thinks what’s the big deal, but also part of me thinks it shows a lack of respect to the club he is currently representing. Yes his contract is with Falkirk, but right now he is playing for us. I would expect a player to have a level of discipline for a match like this and if he chose to wear his tracksuit for Falkirk that’s fine, but if that’s the decision he’s made then absolutely, he should not be allowed in the home dressing room.

I’ve been thinking about this, and part of me thinks what’s the big deal, but also part of me thinks it shows a lack of respect to the club he is currently representing. Yes his contract is with Falkirk, but right now he is playing for us. I would expect a player to have a level of discipline for a match like this and if he chose to wear his tracksuit for Falkirk that’s fine, but if that’s the decision he’s made then absolutely, he should not be allowed in the home dressing room.

He plays with Falkirk all through the week though. Couldn't win either way and took the correct choice for me, attempting to go into the home dressing room also the right choice as he would've wanted to support the guys he plays with on a Saturday too. Pretty decent of him I think personally

• 2 weeks later...

Starting to look shaky, massive game next week against Dumbarton, need a win to pull us back in to the pack, looking for Forfar to beat Brechin who still have a game in hand over us. Always expected a tough season but desperately struggling to put a run together, why we decided to go with an inexperienced manager is a mystery. Saying that Jim Duffy not exactly working miracles although he may get money in the window which Colin may not get[emoji848]

10 hours ago, Happy Pebble said:

Starting to look shaky, massive game next week against Dumbarton, need a win to pull us back in to the pack, looking for Forfar to beat Brechin who still have a game in hand over us. Always expected a tough season but desperately struggling to put a run together, why we decided to go with an inexperienced manager is a mystery. Saying that Jim Duffy not exactly working miracles although he may get money in the window which Colin may not getemoji848.png

We've won twice away from home in the league in 2018. Once against last season's Brechin, and once against East Fife.

Given our injury situation and the fact that (I'd imagine) Duffy will be keen for a clear out in January, you're probably getting us at a good time. The only negative from a Warriors point-of-view is that we still have Dom Thomas available. 

On 23/12/2018 at 21:59, Happy Pebble said:

Always expected a tough season but desperately struggling to put a run together, why we decided to go with an inexperienced manager is a mystery.

Would imagine/hope that McMenamen's contract is only until the end of the season till we see his true managerial potential.  When you look at our squad we have some reasonable players but we have not been taking our chances. We showed what we can do against Falkirk we now need to repeat it over a number of games.

Let’s be fair, we needed goals on sat after loosing such cheap goals at the other end, we can’t go on giving teams such easy starts on us, who else  was going to come of the bench and maybe get a goal? Agreed Colin is nearing the end of a very creditable playing career but we are so light on options, and on an other hand so light on quality, we need about 3/4 players coming in during the window, Reid put in a few decent deliveries on sat but he is a defender who is so short in confidence and looks well off the pace, mcbrearty has had 1 game where he scored 2 goals, he is a young lad and very raw and prone to a mistake or 2, we need someone with genuine experience at the back, a leader!! In my mind we need a Centre back, a right back, and striker at least. Question is, where do we get them?